International 4700 Ambo build

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Big job today! Drive shaft support bearing time! The rubber was dry rotted and deformed from the weight of the driveshafts.

The old

The disassembly

Bearing removed

All back together

Time for a beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Interesting divorced setup. That bearing definitely had Bells Palsy.
The truck was originally 3 five foot driveshafts. When I moved the axle and shortened the frame I went to 1 five foot axle and an 18” stubby axle with slip joint and support bearing. I wasn’t too sure about it when I did it, but 90k miles later with no vibration or driveline issues, I am good with it.

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Performed a few services to the Ambo after a nice weekend of Camping out of it.

New filters

Dang that is a big fuel filter!

All the old oil ready to turn in

Using the search light as an under hood light

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Some Ambo updates,

Replaced the hood!

New over the axle exhaust

Tight fit on the lift

Best way to dry some bibs when camping

Franz123

I'm a Photographer in an online company that offers hedgehog habitat which is very perfect for them to play and the materials will let them exercise asmuch as they want. By the way, looks amazing. :)

Last edited:

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"

What’s new you may be thinking? The fiberglass visor over the top of the windshield! I have wanted one of these since I bought the truck back in 2009. They are really hard to come by, and stupid expensive when they do come up. Sadly it is not the cool Lund brand with built in lights. Heck it is not even one for my truck. It was too wide and needs some fiberglass work to make it fit correctly. I had to cut a few inches out of the middle. It is duct taped on right now for measuring purposes, but I couldn’t resist taking a pic of the coolest mod you can do to an Ambo! Time for some sanding, fiberglass and paint...

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Time to remove the old ceiling material and lights

Removed the old light mounts and added some support around the hatch

Replaced all the old white styrofoam insulation

Added a new ceiling

Installed new light fixtures

Time to install the led light strips and wire em up. Then paint the ceiling panels white.