Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Aleja_333

Anyone know what the plugs on the bottom back side of the Alu Cab water tank are supposed to look like? The shop that installed my camper forgot to put the plugs in the back side of the tank so first the first time I filled it, my camper ended up full of water ?
It’s been difficult to get the shop to fix their mistake and since they are a 6 hour drive away from me, I don’t have much recourse. They eventually sent me these brass plugs but the plugs extend out from the tank a bit (and also required a lot of torque to get fully threaded into the holes). I put some foam tape on the plugs so they don’t rub against the camper wall as much, but I’m not confident that will help much.
Because the plugs extend out at the bottom of the tank, it doesn’t sit flush with the back wall of the camper anymore and there seems to be some play in the tank at the top of mounting brackets. When the tank is full of water I would imagine that any movement would be an issue and that the tank is supposed to be restricted from any movement by the mounting brackets.
Can anyone confirm what the plugs on the back are supposed to look like, and whether their tank has any movement once mounted?
View attachment 726092

The plugs provided by Alucab actually protrude similar to the brass plug you have here. That said, there shouldn't be any movement when the tank is mounted so you may want to confirm the install was done correctly.

Here are the install instructions by Alucab so you can confirm the installation and so you can look at what the plugs look like.

seatoskyexplorer

The plugs provided by Alucab actually protrude similar to the brass plug you have here. That said, there shouldn't be any movement when the tank is mounted so you may want to confirm the install was done correctly.

Here are the install instructions by Alucab so you can confirm the installation and so you can look at what the plugs look like.

Awesome, thanks for that!

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Are the ACCCs starting to come with non-chequer plate sides? I'm all for that, just trying to confirm. It seems maybe only the back panels are still 5-bar. Of course I could be seeing things, or seeing odd models...etc.
I noticed it on Clay Croft's Tacoma build.

I both love and don't love the 5 bar. Love to see a completely smooth panel version for comparison.

1655139436687.png

siebermd

Adventurer
Are the ACCCs starting to come with non-chequer plate sides? I'm all for that, just trying to confirm. It seems maybe only the back panels are still 5-bar. Of course I could be seeing things, or seeing odd models...etc.
I noticed it on Clay Croft's Tacoma build.

I both love and don't love the 5 bar. Love to see a completely smooth panel version for comparison.

View attachment 726573
Perhaps Clay Croft ordered that specifically so he could install the wrap on his camper. I don't know first hand, but a wrap may not work with the textured surface.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Waiting for my ALCC to arrive and am engaged in obsessive planning for the build... ?

Does anyone have dimensions of the ALCC rear molle plates, specifically width? I'm considering options for carrying emergency fuel and would love to be able to mount two 20L scepter cans (diesel) to one side. Likely the driver side as to not interfere with the camper door opening. I've seen a picture somewhere of a single 20L, does anyone carry two? I plan to carry an 11lb propane bottle on the other panel. I'd love to hear people's experience on this subject and how they have solved it.

Alu-Cab-Mole-Plate.jpg

Has anyone tried installing one of the Hest mattresses? They are double the weight of my 4" Exped MegaMat Duo. I had previously tried out the Exped 6" mattress and the gas struts on the bed platform were barely strong enough to hold the sleeping platform in the up position. I saw a guy on Youtube install one in his Alu Cab RTT and it fit perfectly. I know the ACCC are slightly wider than the 3.1 as well.

Was just curious if any of you guys have tried it out. Im attending NWOR tomorrow and Hest will be there so I may follow up with them regarding this. BTW If you guys are attending NWOR I'll be over at the Master Pull booth.

Waiting for my ALCC to arrive and am engaged in obsessive planning for the build... ?

Does anyone have dimensions of the ALCC rear molle plates, specifically width? I'm considering options for carrying emergency fuel and would love to be able to mount two 20L scepter cans (diesel) to one side. Likely the driver side as to not interfere with the camper door opening. I've seen a picture somewhere of a single 20L, does anyone carry two? I plan to carry an 11lb propane bottle on the other panel. I'd love to hear people's experience on this subject and how they have solved it.

View attachment 726608
If you plan to mount your spare, it may interfere with whatever you mount to the passenger side molle panel.

gnel

Like sbd said,I have a 33" tire on the door and haven´t been able to mount anything on that panel:cry:
If no one has answered your ?about the measurement of the panel I´ll post it up when I get home this afternoon.

gnel

I have a alucab jerry can mount,mounted on the panel you highlighted. It's a 14 in. wide wavian and hangs out a couple of inches from the corner but certanly not as far as the awning. I can take a photo if you like?

Last edited:

Aleja_333

Has anyone tried installing one of the Hest mattresses? They are double the weight of my 4" Exped MegaMat Duo. I had previously tried out the Exped 6" mattress and the gas struts on the bed platform were barely strong enough to hold the sleeping platform in the up position. I saw a guy on Youtube install one in his Alu Cab RTT and it fit perfectly. I know the ACCC are slightly wider than the 3.1 as well.

Was just curious if any of you guys have tried it out. Im attending NWOR tomorrow and Hest will be there so I may follow up with them regarding this. BTW If you guys are attending NWOR I'll be over at the Master Pull booth.

I have the Hest mattress on mine and fits like a glove. Struts are plenty strong for the mattress plus my bedding.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
I have a alucab jerry can mount,mounted on the panel you highlighted. It's a 14 in. wide wavian and hangs out a couple of inches from the corner but certanly not as far as the awning. I can take a photo if you like?
Thank you, that would be very helpful!

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Like sbd said,I have a 33" tire on the door and haven´t been able to mount anything on that panel:cry:
If no one has answered your ?about the measurement of the panel I´ll post it up when I get home this afternoon.

No spare going on the door. I do plan to mount a stack of 4 maxtrax (GP factor mount) probably towards the middle of the door… adjusted to maintain some clearance on the pass. side molle panel.

Measurement would still be great if it’s not too
much trouble! Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne