Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
How does the ShadowAwn attach? Even though I really like the ShadowAwn, the QuickPitch is huge. Wondering if the Quickpitch could be fitted and still use the Awning deflector.

seekoutbeauty

How does the ShadowAwn attach? Even though I really like the ShadowAwn, the QuickPitch is huge. Wondering if the Quickpitch could be fitted and still use the Awning deflector.

If you look on the driver side of your camper, you will find a few mounting points. You have two in the front of the driver side, and then 2 towards the back of the driver side, as well as 2 on the back. You will also need to secure a bracket that will allow you to secure the awning when deployed and hold good tension.

Link to install guide: https://www.alu-cab.com/wp-content/...Camper-and-Khaya-LHS-Fitment-Instructions.pdf

edited this a couple times because i sounded drunk...

Last edited:

abenteur_co

Has anyone ever installed a window in a side hatch, such as a Tern Overland brand Arctic Tern window? When buttoned up in the winter I'd love to get some natural light in.

hksjza70

1609021166564.png1609021187672.png1609021205187.png1609021232524.png
Hey gang - Been spending some time finishing out the various panels in the canopy camper before moving on to other storage. I cut up Bedrug tailgate panels - which are built over 1/4" poly foam backing. Bedrug also makes a universal bed panel for the floor applications but that has 1/2" poly foam backing - so it would definitely have been less expensive, but the 1/4" thickness was the key.

The 2019 Ram tailgate is the largest one that I could find that doesn't have holes in it (like the Tacoma panel). That 2019 Ram tailgate also fits perfect on the front bulkhead of the CC without trimming. There's a slim triangle at the bottom of the bulkhead where it tapers out at the bottom that isn't covered, but nothing worth worrying about.

Most of the panels I have just double sided taped in, as I won't be hanging anything off of them. The few panels that I am hanging hook/loop bags off of, I'll epoxy to the bedrug to the camper.

View attachment 633473View attachment 633474View attachment 633475View attachment 633476
Hey gang - Been spending some time finishing out the various panels in the canopy camper before moving on to other storage. I cut up Bedrug tailgate panels - which are built over 1/4" poly foam backing. Bedrug also makes a universal bed panel for the floor applications but that has 1/2" poly foam backing - so it would definitely have been less expensive, but the 1/4" thickness was the key.

The 2019 Ram tailgate is the largest one that I could find that doesn't have holes in it (like the Tacoma panel). That 2019 Ram tailgate also fits perfect on the front bulkhead of the CC without trimming. There's a slim triangle at the bottom of the bulkhead where it tapers out at the bottom that isn't covered, but nothing worth worrying about.

Most of the panels I have just double sided taped in, as I won't be hanging anything off of them. The few panels that I am hanging hook/loop bags off of, I'll epoxy to the bedrug to the camper.
Looks great and very clean. I am getting an ACCC installed next month and was debating getting the Bed rug for the walls of my truck and using the floor and tailgate pieces to insulate parts of the ACCC. Does the Bed Rug really add any kind of noticeable insulation? I won't be using the Bed Rug on the floor because of the Goose Gear plate system.

hksjza70

Looks great and very clean. I am getting an ACCC installed next month and was debating getting the Bed rug for the walls of my truck and using the floor and tailgate pieces to insulate parts of the ACCC. Does the Bed Rug really add any kind of noticeable insulation? I won't be using the Bed Rug on the floor because of the Goose Gear plate system.
It could be all in my head but there is definitely not anything cold to the touch. Obviously the frames still conduct heat and cold but it's not nearly as bad.

The bedrug floor is actually under my goose plate. The plate sits perfect with the lip of the camper still. The bedrug floor also has ribs in the foam to fit between the ribs of the floor of the truck bed so it wouldn't sit against a flat surface like the camper walls.

I will say before I got the bedrug I was hesitant, but can't believe the camper without it now.

It could be all in my head but there is definitely not anything cold to the touch. Obviously the frames still conduct heat and cold but it's not nearly as bad.

The bedrug floor is actually under my goose plate. The plate sits perfect with the lip of the camper still. The bedrug floor also has ribs in the foam to fit between the ribs of the floor of the truck bed so it wouldn't sit against a flat surface like the camper walls.

I will say before I got the bedrug I was hesitant, but can't believe the camper without it now.
Appreciate the reply. So you are saying the GG plate still fits with the bed rug floor? Interesting...I will need to look into this. I was very hesitant to get a bed rug as well but ended up just ordering one as I received a few Amazon gift cards for Christmas lol.

Edit: Just confirmed the GG plate will not work with the Bed Rug floor portion... "The new GG attaches to the camper itself also with the added height the rug will throw it off."

Last edited:

hksjza70

Appreciate the reply. So you are saying the GG plate still fits with the bed rug floor? Interesting...I will need to look into this. I was very hesitant to get a bed rug as well but ended up just ordering one as I received a few Amazon gift cards for Christmas lol.

Edit: Just confirmed the GG plate will not work with the Bed Rug floor portion... "The new GG attaches to the camper itself also with the added height the rug will throw it off."
I don't have any of the gg cabinets but the plate sits flush with the sill of the camper (not the door seal). . . . It appears the same height as the plates Ive seen without the bedrug below, but that's just me looking at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94