Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

alexik

Did you ever make any progress on this idea? I feel like I need more than a padlock. They’re notoriously easy to remove with an angle grinder. I guess someone with an angle grinder could just cut the whole lock out of the door panel even if you installed a deadbolt like you’re proposing. Ideally I’d have both.

It really doesn’t seem too bad to do what you’re talking about.

Are you using a specific padlock in the meantime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still waiting to speak to the outfitters to see if it is possible to install without the default locking mechanism/door handle. Would prefer installing the way I'd like right out the door. I was planning on this surface mount plus a van lock at the bottom.

Mtpisgah

I need to mount my traction boards to the camper, they are taking up too much space inside. I am thinking of the GP Factor mount on the passenger side gull wing door. Does anyone here have theirs mounted that way? Does anyone have a better suggestion?

i also need to get my shovel mounted. Propably doing a quick fist for that If they will fit in the roof slots. I do not have load bars and do not plan to get them any time soon. Any better suggestions?

Mtpisgah

Thanks for the video. I should have specified in my post that I have Smittybuilt boards and an not sure they will fit in the EE mount. I asked EE and they said they were not sure.

The GP mount seems to be more universal but still no 100% confirmation they will fit. I should have just bought MaxTrax.

gnel

I like that. I will probably not leave them on all the time if I mount them on the outside, so inside is a good option. What kind of bracket did you use?

I guess the only issue with them being inside is when they are covered in mud

No bracket. I used the preexisting slotted holes and camlock tiedowns. The mud factor is an issue but very rare for me. They get more sand use than mud.

camodog

Adventurer
Without going through 70 pages of the thread, does anyone know what hardware is needed to make the goose gear electrical panel to mount to the rear of the alu cab?
i emailed GG directly and they said they do not have the kit available.

Redfernsoljah

GladiatorOverland
I need to mount my traction boards to the camper, they are taking up too much space inside. I am thinking of the GP Factor mount on the passenger side gull wing door. Does anyone here have theirs mounted that way? Does anyone have a better suggestion?

i also need to get my shovel mounted. Propably doing a quick fist for that If they will fit in the roof slots. I do not have load bars and do not plan to get them any time soon. Any better suggestions?

Your gonna need to also add stronger struts. Using expedition essentials mount. A note when installing put bracket as high up as possible to clear the latches and still be able to open the door. You will also most likely need nutserts to finish the install. I went this route as I already hd them on hand. But I Love You! Kilt two of my holes ended up inside the middle door channel. Also struts as mention need upgraded.
518AC7A3-EB37-463B-828F-B573665ED031.jpeg

Last edited:

Redfernsoljah

GladiatorOverland
Without going through 70 pages of the thread, does anyone know what hardware is needed to make the goose gear electrical panel to mount to the rear of the alu cab?
i emailed GG directly and they said they do not have the kit available.

Contact ok4wd, gp factor makes A kit for the install panel. Angled aluminum brackets and hardware.

Redfernsoljah

GladiatorOverland
Initial impressions: it's amazing! Really stoked. The guys at Tiny Rig Co. did a great job on the install. day 1 photo album

Tomorrow I'm planning to finish building and installing my electrical system. Thread for that here.

I need to figure out how to get my backup camera installed. I have one I think will fit well right between the 3rd brake light and the alu-cab door. If anyone has experience or advice on that, I'm all ears. Not really sure what to do just yet. I have this Kenwood CMOS-740hd camera. I was hoping I could just use the existing wiring from the camera integrated into the tailgate handle. Initial look around and I can't figure out what happened to those wires when the tailgate was removed.

I think I'd like to get a roof rack over the cab at some point. Both for practicality and because all that dead space looks weird. I'm also pretty interested in the slide out table sold by alu-cabin. It hangs from the overhang of the alu-cab above the truck cab. It's not available for doublecab trucks yet though. And then there's that big wedge between the cab and the alu-cabin. Seems like it could be put to really good use. Any ideas?

This shell has so many t-slot rails or whatever they're called. I'm going to need to become proficient in working with it. Really exciting because it gives so much flexibility. I think I'm going to keep everything very minimalistic and industrial. Everything mounted to t slots and unistrut.

I added the awning last minute and I'm really happy I did. It's a lot of money but it's so damn easy to use. I just need to figure out how to rig up some tarps as walls when I'm planning to be somewhere for an extended period.

Didn't notice any wind noise or effects to the overall driving experience. It's probably in my head but the ride actually felt a little better. That could definitely be credited to finally getting my accutune'd rear kings shocks loaded correctly. They were calibrated for the weight of the camper so they've been underloaded I guess technically.

lol at 813 fabrication. They make a nice bracket I am using for the rear view camera. Does my factor and a brandmotion camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94