Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

dot_tom

I upgraded to a CC last month at Ok4wd. Previously had a Gen 3 tent, awning, shower cube, and canopy. Super happy with the upgrade and have been enjoying installing a bunch of new parts. I'm even building my own cabinet system. It was great reading through all these pages the past few weeks. Lots of good help! Once the cabinets are done this weekend I'll start working on finishing the wiring for the house battery and solar.

IG: dot_tom <-- incase you want to see more photos

_DSC0278.jpg5C02FF5C-6BFB-4CCB-9F44-6965263A2BE4.jpgIMG_2535.JPG

ccperkdog

So I still have a few more weeks to wait before camper install and I have an electrical question. I have a GP Factor Basic electrical panel for the drivers side rear. Will I need to extend the factory wire harness for the camper to reach the drivers side or is there enough existing length? If so, I assume 14awg will work?

So I still have a few more weeks to wait before camper install and I have an electrical question. I have a GP Factor Basic electrical panel for the drivers side rear. Will I need to extend the factory wire harness for the camper to reach the drivers side or is there enough existing length? If so, I assume 14awg will work?
New canopy campers should have the wiring harness already extended to the driver’s side to accommodate a fireplace on the passenger side. If it’s an older model with wires on the passenger, you will need 10 AWG to extend the solar + and - (14 AWG for all other loads).

ccperkdog

New canopy campers should have the wiring harness already extended to the driver’s side to accommodate a fireplace on the passenger side. If it’s an older model with wires on the passenger, you will need 10 AWG to extend the solar + and - (14 AWG for all other loads).
Thanks! It will be new. This thread is an invaluable resource.

dvivian

Did you get the RakAttach? Curious what it’s like for getting in and out of the Canopy Camper. Does it get in the way?

@ccperkdog sorry just seeing this - yes I got the RakAttach 2.0 and its great. No, doesn't really get in the way of getting in and out and it actually kinda acts as a nice Step up into the camper (rated to carry 275 lbs).

Mtpisgah

@ccperkdog sorry just seeing this - yes I got the RakAttach 2.0 and its great. No, doesn't really get in the way of getting in and out and it actually kinda acts as a nice Step up into the camper (rated to carry 275 lbs).

We found that the Kuat helps as a step. We added skateboard grip tape to it though after my wife’s foot slipped off when it was wet and skinned her shin.

Gabex35

Adventurer
I love my alucabin but the lack of clean up done by alucab is getting annoying. These bad rivets are driving me nuts as I hear them rolling around the wire runs while turning. Shouldn’t have taken more than 10 minutes to run through these things to pick up scraps. This is the third load I’ve found in 4 months

Attachments

• AF719F0B-8940-4525-8860-9DE2F3306DAE.jpeg
    AF719F0B-8940-4525-8860-9DE2F3306DAE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 65

Mtpisgah

I love my alucabin but the lack of clean up done by alucab is getting annoying. These bad rivets are driving me nuts as I hear them rolling around the wire runs while turning. Shouldn’t have taken more than 10 minutes to run through these things to pick up scraps. This is the third load I’ve found in 4 months

I had the same issue.there are still one or time I can hear when the tops are off but I cannot find them. Since I cannot hear them with the tops on, I gave up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke