Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Gabex35

Adventurer
I had the same issue.there are still one or time I can hear when the tops are off but I cannot find them. Since I cannot hear them with the tops on, I gave up.

im a bit concerned that there may be some under the front portion of the bed section. I don’t think that’s accessible but haven’t gotten into that area much.

Gabex35

Adventurer
I decided to pull the bed platform after seeing that the forward section is mounted with about 10 M6 bolts. It was my last ditch effort to find the annoying rolling metal sound. Luckily, I found the culprit. A few pop rivets rolling around when accelerating, stopping, and turning so…all the time. I used the opportunity to throw some reflectix layers for some insulation.

Attachments

• C53AC7C9-7743-4F19-9CEF-590E5295656F.jpeg
    C53AC7C9-7743-4F19-9CEF-590E5295656F.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 127
  • 039921DA-E426-4E4E-901A-6D2772E1DA05.jpeg
    039921DA-E426-4E4E-901A-6D2772E1DA05.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 125
  • F68B3E55-CAFE-42B9-B4B2-483F35C89553.jpeg
    F68B3E55-CAFE-42B9-B4B2-483F35C89553.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 119

seatoskyexplorer

Anyone have a nice simple solution to keep the external water tank tap clean and secure? I’ve looked at a few RV faucet options and also soft velcro covers - the RV options are a bit more complex than I need and the soft covers seem too flimsy / insecure. Some kind of locking hard cover would be a good improvement.
Pic of dusty truck for attention :)
C63CC73A-0F1E-430C-8EFB-ECA6FE60F1A5.jpeg

ccperkdog

Anyone have a nice simple solution to keep the external water tank tap clean and secure? I’ve looked at a few RV faucet options and also soft velcro covers - the RV options are a bit more complex than I need and the soft covers seem too flimsy / insecure. Some kind of locking hard cover would be a good improvement.
Pic of dusty truck for attention :)
View attachment 739165
I’ve seen one of these Aquor Water Systems detachable faucets set up on a Canopy Camper in place of the Alu-Cab water tank faucet. Also addresses potential freezing issues.

Last edited:

seatoskyexplorer

I’ve seen one of these Aquor Water Systems detachable faucets set up on a Canopy Camper in place of the Alu-Cab water tank. Also addresses potential freezing issues.

Nice, thanks for the info. That system looks ideal.

dot_tom

First weekend with the camper 95% done. We got a random mid day rain during a hike and it was nice to come back and hang out in the camper with the heater on blast to dry out.

Installed the water pump last night and preparing for this weekend!

2563f7b67a41afc4cbad797cbadc1cab.jpg

3586aa03a554c62e7ffbce4a2e797e6a.jpg

3a24c99654f6a893555f0478d4c57583.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve seen one of these Aquor Water Systems detachable faucets set up on a Canopy Camper in place of the Alu-Cab water tank faucet. Also addresses potential freezing issues.

Yeah, I saw one of these recently & will definitely be moving to one eventually. It's not a ridiculous price for what it is. It also eliminates one more thing protruding from the camper causing clearance issues, etc. Real nice idea.

I love my alucabin but the lack of clean up done by alucab is getting annoying. These bad rivets are driving me nuts as I hear them rolling around the wire runs while turning. Shouldn’t have taken more than 10 minutes to run through these things to pick up scraps. This is the third load I’ve found in 4 months

This made me think of another frustration I have which is the black plastic caps used on the bolt heads. I am just not sure there is a good solution. Specifically the ones up under the lip of the roof. I lose 1 or 2 every time I open or shut the camper, but I do think they are necessary, but just won't stay put.

Mtpisgah

This made me think of another frustration I have which is the black plastic caps used on the bolt heads. I am just not sure there is a good solution. Specifically the ones up under the lip of the roof. I lose 1 or 2 every time I open or shut the camper, but I do think they are necessary, but just won't stay put.

I asked my installer if they were needed to protect the tent or just for aesthetics. They said just for aesthetics so I stoped trying to out them back. But it is annoying.

I asked my installer if they were needed to protect the tent or just for aesthetics. They said just for aesthetics so I stoped trying to out them back. But it is annoying.

Huh, I would like to think so, but I have got some marks on the one side of my tent but maybe they are from being pinched in the shocks too. I do appreciate that inside. With bedding & our exped mattress up there, we always have to tuck on both sides before shutting the lid.

Mtpisgah

Huh, I would like to think so, but I have got some marks on the one side of my tent but maybe they are from being pinched in the shocks too. I do appreciate that inside. With bedding & our exped mattress up there, we always have to tuck on both sides before shutting the lid.

I have not noticed any markings or rubbing on the tent, I will look closer this weekend. We leave the bedding in the top too so we have to tuck too. I usually have my wife tuck the sides near the shocks while I tuck the back.

LunarErik

Has anyone fitted the P9000 heater recently using the GP Factor mount? Wondering if you still need to drill the 4 bolt clearance holes on the wall of your camper or if they have solved that issue. For a whopping $600 for a panel and 2 pieces of pipe, you would think it would be a cleaner install...
One would think there has to be a way to swap out fasteners in the fireplace to something that does not interfere with the back wall causing the need for drilling holes. Or possibly a spacer of sorts to mitigate the issue.

Flyelk1

I have not noticed any markings or rubbing on the tent, I will look closer this weekend. We leave the bedding in the top too so we have to tuck too. I usually have my wife tuck the sides near the shocks while I tuck the back.

I have a Hest mattress in my Alucabin amd have to tuck the sides as well. However, I just tuck in the sides from the back. A good “whack” to each side tent wall while standing at the back does just fine to tuck the sides in.

Aleja_333

For the Tacoma owners with the canopy camper, I have a couple of questions.

What’s your mpg with the camper?
How’s the drive characteristics on the highway?

Mine feels bouncy and shaky when I’m on the highway. I’m trying to figure out if it’s a tire issue, shock or spring issue, or is it just the general driving characteristics when adding the camper. Both tires and suspension have less than 5k miles so I’m wondering if this is part of the course.

Any other truck models are welcome to chime in as well. I’m curious about how anyone else truck drives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles