ipf 900's? need your thoughts

sasaholic

Adventurer
ok guys ive searched but didnt come up with to much on these particular lights. right now i run a set of cibie super oscars on my bumper, but plan on adding a couple more lights. i have a few sets of hella 500's, and plan on using those as cornering lights on my rack. now i know all the conserns of running lights on a rack, but im looking at a set of the ipf 900's for 150 bucks. so my question is how is the light output on these light? i know they are a driving light not a fog and thats what i want is distance, but compaired to the 500's or say a daylighter how are they. thanks for the help in advance guys

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Lets start by figuring out which 900's your referring too. The XSS, XSD, HID, DDCS, XSDSCS? Or possible an older obsolete offering? They make a bunch of different 900's so it would be important to start with the model your after ;)

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
they are the DDCS's sorry for not stating earlier

Ah, about the only one of the 900 Series that I don't have experience with. Those are sold only through Costco and do have different specs than the traditional 900's (XSS & XSD) which use a H9 style bulb and feature submersible housings and waterproof connectors. Looks like IPF build a 'value' 900 for the Costco retail.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
I have them and you can see my review at cosco, they are better then the 968's and brighter then the Hella 500's so far I am happy with my purchase!.

sasaholic

Adventurer
how much brighter would you say they are than the 500's. seem em side by side? also do you have any night pics of em?

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
how much brighter would you say they are than the 500's. seem em side by side? also do you have any night pics of em?

Well the 500's are a narrow throw vs the 900' which are driving pattern.

The 900's blow the 500' away easy!

Their optics are also much better if it makes sense!

Now remember that the hella 500's are only half the price of the IPf, but the IPF's are 3 times brighter ( maybe 4 times )then the Hella's!

If you buy them I do not think you will regret your purchase, plus if you do not like them you can always return them!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles