Issues with Inka Outdoors

ottsville

Observer
I would check with your local small claims court to see if you can file suit against them there. Enough cases against them in varying jurisdictions may cause them to expedite payments(if they have the cash).

ElvisJeep87

As an update, Inka sent out an email promising they have investors lined up and will offer a full refund to all who want it. I was promised a full refund around 3 months ago and told that I needed to wait. It was mentioned if I took any action that interfered with the investors that it might prevent a refund. As part of my talk with Mike, I agreed to keep quiet about the refund so as not to trigger a run on the company.

As mentioned above, an email was sent to buyers about 6 weeks ago promising the same to all who had a deposit down and wanted a refund. At this point, I specifically asked for some amount in good faith and was told that would not happen. I was also promised they were not planning to file for bankruptcy. I do not have much faith that this is going to happen right now. I feel they are stalling until their filing goes through just like what other trailer companies seem to be doing.

I fear that I have now waited too long based on the conversation I had with Mike and his promises of a resolution. I tried to take the man at his word and be more than reasonable, but it seems my faith and good will has backfired.

If anyone else is in the same boat please contact me and we can get the ball rolling on a way of getting our money back involving the NC consumer protection or the attorney general. Inka has had my money over 14 months and I think it’s time for their pyramid scheme to come to an end.

I just sent you a private message

ACC

As an update, Inka sent out an email promising they have investors lined up and will offer a full refund to all who want it. I was promised a full refund around 3 months ago and told that I needed to wait. It was mentioned if I took any action that interfered with the investors that it might prevent a refund. As part of my talk with Mike, I agreed to keep quiet about the refund so as not to trigger a run on the company.

As mentioned above, an email was sent to buyers about 6 weeks ago promising the same to all who had a deposit down and wanted a refund. At this point, I specifically asked for some amount in good faith and was told that would not happen. I was also promised they were not planning to file for bankruptcy. I do not have much faith that this is going to happen right now. I feel they are stalling until their filing goes through just like what other trailer companies seem to be doing.

I fear that I have now waited too long based on the conversation I had with Mike and his promises of a resolution. I tried to take the man at his word and be more than reasonable, but it seems my faith and good will has backfired.

If anyone else is in the same boat please contact me and we can get the ball rolling on a way of getting our money back involving the NC consumer protection or the attorney general. Inka has had my money over 14 months and I think it’s time for their pyramid scheme to come to an end.

You called it!

ElvisJeep87

I’m currently showing no filings for BK, my company has access to look for those filings. No liens/judgments either. However I feel Mike is back to his old ways of not just being transparent and honest with the people who have made his company what it is...AKA paying customers

Last edited:

ElvisJeep87

We didn’t get an update on the 25th. Last one we received was 9/11 which was the customer wide one. This is so beyond disappointing.

ElvisJeep87

Also, would appear Mike is inaccurate stating only one person has requested a refund, when it appears at least two people on this thread alone are waiting for money back.

Pathfinder7

Yes, I believe he is being intentionally dishonest when he does communicate. He is not answering any forms of communication. I will be filing a complaint with the Oregon AG and perhaps the NC one as well.

I encourage anyone who is waiting for a trailer or refund to take action as Mike can not be trusted at his word as he has shown numerous times to several customers. I do not believe waiting is in our best interest. If he meant to stand by his word, it would have been easy to send out a good faith amount. He is either stalling or just plain broke. Either way does not bode well for those of us who actually trusted him.

msujay2012

The last email I received was on 9/25/2018:

Greetings all!

It’s been a challenging and interesting two weeks and we’re inching closer to where we need to be. We are continuing to make good progress as we work our way through the capital raising maze.

There is little fresh info that we can share today other than that we are making incremental progress. When we have more information that can be released, we will share it.

Many of you responded positively and with words of support after our last update. Thank you for that, it makes the sleepless nights and daily struggles more bearable!

Interestingly, we had only one customer accept the refund offer we made to everyone that ordered in 2017. The large majority of those of you waiting have elected to hang with us through this rough patch.

Thank you all for the support!
More later.

-Mike Stanford

Inka Outdoor, LLC
1236 Industrial Avenue
Suite 107
Gastonia, NC 28054 USA

www.inkaoutdoor.com
828-539-0842
FAX 980-285-3098
t

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Moby1, Inka, Pelfrey, this is becoming all too common in this industry as of late. It's starting to to turn me off to the entire community/hobby/interest as a whole. I know this is a possible unfortunate byproduct of a burgeoning industry where backyard craftsman turn into entrepreneurs over night with little to no financial background and little business savvy, but this is starting to look like a culture ripe with sleazy business practices and ponzi schemes.

As a former owner of a successful startup, I know the struggles and hurdles these small businesses face, but the difference between a successful business that survives the first 2-5 years and continues to grow and have staying power and a company that fails in the wake of lawsuits and bankruptcy is clear/open/honest communication and never over extending yourself either financially or in time/contract/promises. Sadly I see a common theme in all of these recent failed businesses, poor communication and falling back on excuses and expecting sympathy and more time granted. Sadly it appears the excuses are used in order to buy time in hopes of catching up, gaining more capital or backers, or ultimately to stave off the masses while they wait for their bankruptcy filings to process in hopes of making out with products and capital.

I may be way off base here, but the current trend in society is the victim mentality, it seems everyone wants to be a victim and the masses are trending towards supporting the perceived "victim" with nothing more than assumptions and conjecture (just to be clear, I am referencing the businesses here as the "perceived victims", not the customer who is the actual victim). Sympathy is then offered in the form of begging those who judge to empathize with the accused. Business was not founded upon the feelings and emotions of those involved and yet society has somehow allowed that mentality to slip into every facet of our culture. At the end of the day goods and services were contractually agreed upon, funds were exchanged and now those funds are being withheld while those goods and services have failed to be delivered in a timely manner well beyond the contract parameters and schedule. Regardless of whether or not there was a specific date inked on the contract, the company is far beyond the agreed upon terms originally set for delivery and they are in the wrong here both morally and legally.

I hope for the sake of everyone involved that they receive their money back, but if history is any indicator here, odds are that those involved will be left with no product and no refund when the dust clears.

The Artisan

Adventurer
Has any campers been made? It is crazy that with all his deposits made he could not make one then keep making them as he received the balance on the next ones
Kevin

msujay2012

Has any campers been made? It is crazy that with all his deposits made he could not make one then keep making them as he received the balance on the next ones
Kevin

Yes, they made some but not sure how many or for how long. At this point I don't know if I should continue to wait (even though they haven't responded to several emails) or take the loss and move in another direction. I've been looking at alternatives, including Off Grid, BRX1, Oregon Trail'r and Overland Explorer TDK.

profbrightside

I too am in this position with Inka. I have multiple unanswered e-mails and calls over the last week. Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to do. Has anybody received correspondence at all?

jadmt

ignore button user
everyone should show up at their place of business with pitchforks and torches. Sounds like a criminal case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier