It is possible! U4000+ cab in same container!

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
you are right! especially when you have to do it in a foreign country where you either have to assemble right by the dock or have to organize a truck and assembly facility... :elkgrin: but it is possible!

chrismc

Adventurer
That's really cool. Is that a standard height or high-cube container? Obviously, its a 40 foot instead of a more common (for overlanders) 20 foot. I like the metal "wheel" and track system they use to get the Mog's front end low enough to fit.

MD52h-UnimogU40006x6.v06-560.jpg

The inside of the camper is a very nice build as well. I wonder if they can make one of their pop-top models fit in a container like this? Drool...:drool:

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Its a high cube- looks like the jacks are part of the cabin, with a few wires and cable hookups between the cabin and the chassis.

does not look like it needs a workshop - just the tools to get the wheels backon - load and drive away !

Nice idea and well thought out !

I wonder if the extra cost - is outwayed by cheaper shipping and more worldwide routes

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Lots of interesting design features on this 6x6 UniCat.

-Slide out closet for the shower

-An impressive box at the back for two bicycles

-Slide off camper

-Metal rail wheels for getting into the container

Neat stuff.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
I like how that 6x6 magically became a completely different truck (4x4) in the container pics. Now THAT is a neat trick. :D

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
"I like how that 6x6 magically became a completely different truck (4x4) in the container pics. Now THAT is a neat trick"

mmm they took the front and middle wheels off - put the liitle shipping wheels on the front and the middle hubs are just sat there -without wheels

you need a bigger screen !:)

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Ahh yea...I see the little hub peeking out now. :D

And yea I wish I had a bigger screen...but I decided to go for a low power consumption netbook instead. Got the biggest screen I could - 11.6" but it's still pretty dinky.

Maybe I could get better eyes?

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Um, did they forget to put the front and middle wheel/tire assemblies into the container ?

Can't imagine those are that easy to just toss into the back . . . :coffeedrink:

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Really cool, in my book. I like the wheeled camper jacks used to roll the camper into the container.

The container wheels on the truck aren't really new. Alrad Christ has been doing it for quite a while.

Attachments

• bremach container wheels.jpg
    bremach container wheels.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 73
  • bremach container wheels 1.jpg
    bremach container wheels 1.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 79

SRUPike

Observer
Actually in the PDF you use the the spare tire crane to place the 5 wheels on the Unicat's frame. Wow an impressive build... I may have a new Dream Rig. :drool:

Although with about a day for pack and unloading the crate... Not having to use RORO = Priceless...

Checkout how it fits in the container page 38:
The Special Unicat U4000

Could this be a truly large rig for an round the world expedition? Give me more solar/ LiPo and less dependance on the generator, I think so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior