Its a dream but a good dream !

B85

Adventurer
A little more work on the door opening.

One of the things I do to the cut is seal it with CPR (clear penetrating resin ) that way if their was ever a leak it would be stopped from getting into the plywood.Also put some on the floor,cleaned up a spill,my bad.

IMG_4599.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

On all the wall cuts I will do this along with any holes.Takes about 72 hours to cure.

Thinking I will use 3M 5200 to mount the door ? That will be next.

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
I used a polyurethane (Sikaflex) rather than 5200 in case I ever needed to remove it.... 5200 is nasty in that regard.

B85

Adventurer
You got that right.

I will take a look at Sikaflex. Did you use the 15 LM ?

Thanks, how is the boarding going ?

Last edited:

B85

Adventurer
Need some parts so I got started on one of two CT 110 for the truck. Cool little bike.
Truck in getting 2 new drive shafts old ones were way out of specs ! Scary bad.

IMG_4606.jpg

B85

Adventurer
New tool got here today and have the front drive shaft out. A note for others. Pull the zerk's first ! If your going to have this truck get the tool .
Will pull the rear and then off to the shop for repair.

IMG_4609.jpg

B85

Adventurer
Other things needed will be a 1 1/4" wrench and maybe a socket.( I had better luck with a wrench) A 8 MM 6 point and a 5/16" 6 point , deep socked for the Zerk's . Pull them before you start pressing.
Two tall jack stands or some straps to hold the shaft's up. (The slip end is heavy )
Can of Blast-it (use the night before) on the joints.
Can't remember the cap bolt size but will need a socket or wrench for them. Think they are 1/2 "?

When I put it back together I will coat the cups and the sockets with a non hardening sealer to keep the rust out. Mine were very rusted. Made some very loud noises when they came free ! ( Like being shot at ) LOL

Also found taking the axle end apart in the front made it easier to do the transfer case end. In the rear it was easier to do the axle end first also. ( my bad I didn't look at the manual first maybe it tells you what is first ? )

So now their at the shop and I will soon get a call with what it will cost ? Also found out you cant go to the next size larger slip joint with going to the next size larger U Joints. Bummer !

B85

Adventurer
Got the price for two new driveshafts. $1300 Oh well the price on the truck just went up.

Also cut and drilled the pullout landing mounts. Will test fit then install. Little job that is taking a lot longer than it should. But I want it right.

IMG_4629.jpg IMG_4630.jpg IMG_4631.jpg

Mount will also be used for the storage box that will be below it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior