Its a dream but a good dream !

java

Expedition Leader
I know the idea and where you headed, I want to see how you execute it! I really like it, I just don't have room for it (my door is directly over the rear wheel). I debated making a removable one, but it would have been big and heavy.

B85

Adventurer
What about something that would run is some kind of a track ? Would need to be removed and stored ?

java

Expedition Leader
What about something that would run is some kind of a track ? Would need to be removed and stored ?

That was a thought, but I don't want to deal with removing and storing. The stairs work fine, just get a little move mud/snow/crap inside without the landing.

Like your doing, having it slide under the floor, is the only way to go.

B85

Adventurer
All cleaned up and ready for the new shafts !

IMG_4633.JPG IMG_4634.JPG

Java, what about hanging the plat form from the inside of the back doors ?

java

Expedition Leader
Not worth it.... The back door on the storage side is tight against the EZ up and chairs.

B85

Adventurer
Yep.

All installed and have one word .
Wow !

IMG_4638.jpg IMG_4639.jpg

Even at $1300 I still say "Wow" ! Boy oh boy were they worn out.

Need to save up for some newer tires. That will be the next $$$$ All are different O.D.'s.

So Saturday I will do some welding and get the pull out slides installed and maybe get the platform made ?

java

Expedition Leader
Hell yeah, that is awesome! Stomp you feet off and it just drops through! Nicely done. So that is 3" or so lower that the bottom of the box?

B85

Adventurer
Thanks.

Yes 3' total. The slide is 3" and the landing is about 1/2" to 9/16 " below the Alum. side pic. Still need to finish weld it together.
Think I will do some top welds then take it out of the slides ? Hope thing stay square ?

B85

Adventurer
Another 3 hours and its in primer and all welded up.

IMG_4660.JPG IMG_4661.jpg IMG_4662.jpg

Now its on to rebuilding the lift pump for the cab. Its been leaking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste