Its a dream but a good dream !

B85

Adventurer
Just installed the H4 head lights. Like the idea that I can get the bulbs when needed. And if I wanted to brake the law go to a higher watt ! LOL

IMG_3354.jpgIMG_3355.jpgIMG_3356.jpg
IMG_3357.jpg

Install went fast. Also got to get some grease on the screws to stop the rust. But I will never know how much better it is ? LOL

Randy

B85

Adventurer
Been working on the truck at it is now on the road. Lots of missing parts and other things that didn't work.

IMG_3345.jpg

For people thinking of going this route be very careful . This will add to the (cheep) cost of the truck. And its not for the faint of heart . The Army will through many obstacle at you.
Most of the lower cost trucks have been forgotten about and been parked for a long time. And some things must just fall off (with and screwdriver or wrench ) ?

Have been looking into what to do about a box. Build, van body takeoff,ambulance body ? I started looking at van body's. Also say some Box van's that had interesting box's.
Why not get a box van and sell off the chassis ? Found one that is a 14' x 8' x 7' 6", and FRP's walls. Think this is the way for me to go because the weight is not a problem and I like the ability to brush some trees and not put a hole in it.

IMG_3386.jpg

It has a pass through door but that will need to be closed up and maybe moved ? I want to leave the spare tire system and air cleaner the way their mounted. So a pass through may not be possible ? Working on that.

With this box it would put me a 12' 1" high. A little more than I wanted but I can make it work. I have found the custom builders are getting $150 to $250 a sq,ft. for a shell. This would give me a shell for $15.00 sq,ft.. Or maybe less ? I know, I'm a cheep *** ! LOL

Randy

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
I like your sunroof.
There have been a few people who used a box off a delivery truck for a camper. I have a former U Haul van I'm thinking about using for my build.

Coachgeo

Explorer
Here is a collection of Box Van conversions for ideas

http://www.ambulancerv.com/viewforum.php?f=39&sid=6b044ab2c1ce7d5155f0bf51dd943990

If one goes Box van... for extra protection you will not have compared to an Ambo Box or Military Box..... do an interior or exterior cage.

As to Pass Thru. Turk seems to say their is just enough room for a "crawl" thru between spare and Air cleaner. For those "not" to capable to crawl... consider a flat on your back trolly to slide yourself thru?

B85

Adventurer
Played with the grill to day. And came up with the way the Logo should look ? LOL

DSC07956.jpg DSC07957.jpg

B85

Adventurer
Installed a down looking mirror and started on the brush guard mounts.

IMG_3479.JPG

The plates will be mounted to the body using 1/4 x 20 riv-nuts.

IMG_3481.JPG

B85

Adventurer
Moving somethings around . Building a tool holder for my benders and notcher.
Working the fit , then will tack things together and see how it feels.

IMG_3560.jpg

Then on to building the brush guards and other things.

B85

Adventurer
All tacked up and will see how things fit.

IMG_3561.jpgIMG_3563.jpgIMG_3562.jpg

Going to mount the tube notcher on a pull out. This will keep the over all length shorter.Pull out will be 2" x 2".Pins are for tube roller,dies. Need to make holders for all the tools. May need to change the casters,they maybe to light ? Their for 480 Lbs. +. But their is a lot of steel hanging on this ? Still need some parts from SWAG offroad. Maybe Friday ? Hope,hope,hope !

The idea for the 2x2 socket is so I can also install a panel bead roller I have. Maybe even a vice ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior