Its a dream but a good dream !

B85

Adventurer
I wanted to say thanks to Overland Expo for posting the video they did of my truck. It was a great time and hope people that came had some fun and are now looking at doing their own "DIY" projects. Some things have changed for my Wife and I now that we are taking care of her Mom full time. So things will slow but as I get time I will keep moving forward with my build.

Thanks

B85

Adventurer
Now taking care of my Mother in-law at our home. Big change.

Restarted some work on the truck. Had a cab air bag start leaking so install new ones.

IMG_6517.JPG IMG_6520.JPGIMG_6527.JPG

IMG_6528.JPG

B85

Adventurer
Started work on the new rear door.
Rear door..jpg

Will be opened with two electric motors.
This will also be a cover for the rear porch . Hopping to have the porch walls (canvas) for it also.

Last edited:

Coachgeo

Explorer
Started work on the new rear door.
View attachment 546035

Will be opened with two electric motors.
This will also be a cover for the rear porch . Hopping to have the porch walls (canvas) for it also.
have looked at this several times..... confused...... what the heck is it...?? left side it get..... it is a view of door facing rear of truck ...... right side of drawing is side view off said door lifted outward and up from the bottom?. Is that from driver or passenger side? is the smaller drawing overlapping the side view drawing... a door in a door? :unsure: :rolleyes::unsure:

Coachgeo

Explorer
Now taking care of my Mother in-law at our home. Big change.

Restarted some work on the truck. Had a cab air bag start leaking so install new ones.

View attachment 545686
looks like their is a number stamped on the shock body... can you offer up what it says? found any numbers or marks embossed or?? into the firestone rubber sleeve yet?

B85

Adventurer
Read door 2.jpg

Maybe this will help. Rear and Side views. The side shows the door in the open (brown) and closed (black) . Hinge is at the top.
The inside ark is the path of the lift Linear Actuator .You can also see the frame for the window.
No numbers yet. Nothing on the old ones.

Coachgeo

Explorer
ohhhhhhh..... dats the actuator..... now that makes a ton more since... that is what really needs labeled. thanks

Reactions: B85

B85

Adventurer
At Expo 2019 West, I was cold.
So I just got a (Chine's) Diesel heater for the RV box.
Just got a look at it and will start installing it soon.
Will let you all know haw it works ?

Attachments

• IMG_6565.JPG
    IMG_6565.JPG
    577.8 KB · Views: 32

B85

Adventurer
Been mostly sitting on my ass. But working on a lot of system's that need to be installed on M/RV.

At Overland Expo 2019 I found I need to run the Tank-less water heater to long (wasting "Water" ) to get it hot ?
That will not work with only 42 gal on the truck. Did some testing and found I needed to run about 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 gals to get hot water.
Played with running a pump to keep the tank hot but the pumps don't like 102 deg. water and their is the power loss ?

What I came up with is a SS tank (3 gal.) with a 300 W 24 volt heater for it. It will run off the battery / solar when needed. May even make some kind of timer control-er for turning it on a off ?
Something like on at 7 am and off at 9, then on at 11:30 and off at 1pm then on at 5pm and off at 7pm ? We will see ??

Attachments

• IMG_6566 (1).JPG
    IMG_6566 (1).JPG
    296.4 KB · Views: 15

java

Expedition Leader
Return the water back to the tank? That's what I would have done..... And yes it takes awhile to get hot water!

I don't have the space for a return line sadly. Would Also allow for freeze protecting in the water tank by running hit water back to it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: B85

B85

Adventurer
Tested that. Still needs a pump to get flow to turn on the Tank-less. And with 1200 kw on the roof it should work ok.
I didn't say I will be going with a 6.2 Tesla for storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94