I've finally found my place!

SightPicture

Observer
Thats right. I have finally found a place where I feel like this is exactly the lifestyle I am pushing for. I have always loved going out and exploring and camping, and basically everything ExPo stands for. Anyways, this is my first post and definately not my last. I am always looking for third party opinions on things and advice. Due to my current employment status I don't get the chance to do extended adventures so my rig will be built with shorter trips in mind, but with the ability to go on the occasional extended stay. Ok so here is the rig..
truck2.jpg

truck4.jpg

truck5.jpg

As most already can tell it is a 2009 F150 FX4. I love this truck. Yes I know its all nice new and shiny, and I don't plan on taking it out and doing a lot of hardcore off roading, yet... I don't want to divulge too much intel but I will say that short term goals call for a leveling kit, 33's, a topper, and just some other random stuff. Obviously plans never go as, well planned but I'm keeping it mild until its paid off and I get a new truck and can retire this one to expedition use only. Ok enough talking back to your regularly scheduled programming:bike_rider:

ccarley

Adventurer
Nice truck, I've always liked Fords :)

Welcome to the site! Hope you get some inspiration while you are here. Lots of good info.

Clay

OTR

Adventurer
Welcome to the site. It always starts out...."I don't plan to do much to the truck". Then before you now it the bank account is drained and the UPS guy thinks your starting an adventure around the world.

Rot Box

Explorer
Welcome, and that is one good looking pickup! :Wow1:

I've always built my 4x4s around my needs and not my wants. Following that rule I've always ended up with just the right combination. My $.02 is take it out and get it dirty--everything will fall into place after that :bike_rider: Keep us posted with your updates.

SightPicture

Observer
Thanks everyone. I've been trying to find some places to get her dirty around my AO but most parks are a little bit of a drive. Thats not really too big of an issue because I can make it a weekend trip if need be. Yea I figure the stang is being built around my wants, so the truck will be build around needs. I like that ideology. Oh I did get to get it snowy last year:D. Hey at least it was enough to need 4x4. Anyways I'll probably be a quiet member, trying to read and learn as much as possible.

jcbrandon

Explorer
Welcome to ExPo, SightPicture.

Nice truck. You'll find lots of love from us full-size pickup guys here. You're in good company and very welcome around the fire.

SightPicture

Observer
I am looking at a topper currently and I am liking the Leer 100R with slider front and either windoors, or the 50/50 side windows. I dont want/need a full on decked out cap, just something to keep my bed dry and somewhat secure. Any advise on the topic?

cowboy63645

Adventurer
The Leer 100R is an excellent topper! If you are looking into getting a new one, there are tons of options for them, including a small powerbank for 12 volt, and a number of different light configurations. You will be really happy with that topper.

DT75FLH

Adventurer
as this body style has been out for a few years you might troll CL...

there are some great deals on toppers....and you can have them painted to match for reasonable prices.

my work truck is a 09 f-150 CC/SB 4x4....it also has 285/70/17 bfg km2 on it.

there nice trucks....just make sure you change the plugs out in 60k miles if its a 5.4....dont wait till the 90-100k mile range

lonestrom

Adventurer
I too have found my new home.I have been a offroader for over 30 years,back in the early 90's I owned a offroad shop that built VERY capable Suzuki vehicles.I have been a adventure motorcyclist for years BUT the doc just told me that I can't bounce around on a bike offroad anymore due to neck issues.I HAD plans to go around the world on my bike BUT now it will have to be on 4 wheels.I just traded in my 07 F150 2wd for this truck.04 F150 FX4,85,000 miles ALL the bells and whistles.I just ordered a front leveling kits for it and plan on putting 33 inch tires on after that.I will be getting a stand up canapy for it next summer and a winch also.I don't plan on doing HARD core offroading with this truck BUT extended week long exploring.
untitled12.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94