Iveco ML150 4x4 new custom build.

Just purchased this chassis and have started the build of a 6m box to house a family of 4 for a planned around the world trip.

Early days but we hope to complete the build by the end of this year (2019).

Thought I would document the build process here, same as we did for our Fuso FG6 build previously.

zelseman

Observer
Looking forward to this one! Great choice for a build.
What did you find was lacking from your Fuso that the Iveco will provide?

Looking forward to this one! Great choice for a build.
What did you find was lacking from your Fuso that the Iveco will provide?
Thanks for the interest man.

What was lacking in short is tonnage!

To cater for a family of 4 on a global expedition I would like to carry at least 700L (185 U.S. gallons) of fresh water, some adventure equipment like kayaks & mtb's plus add a few luxuries for example a washer/dryer for the missus! Basically things we have run out of space and tonnage for on the 6 ton Fuso.

Jim Beam

Indeed......tonnage ! Thats whats its all about when it comes down to it.

FF, what do you have in mind for the camper back build out? Composite panels ? If so will you import the panels ?

I have just completed yet another "fresh" look at all this....was contemplating sending my LC79 to aussie to get an drivetrain upgrade etc etc (could get it up to 3T payload thru this program). By time I cost it all out it's better to just buy the Isuzu. It was a public holiday here yesterday so I spent the day reading Trucky McTruckface.....ended up going down that rabbit hole all day trying to figure if one of those American trucks makes sense. By the end of the night i realised that for the money and the tonnage I could just as easily go Iveco like you have......decisions decisions. In the end it's hard not to go composite panels in order to have as much wieght available for all the must haves and like to haves rather than blowing most of your carry weight on the back itself..

Thoughts?

What sort of waiting time on the Iveco in South ?