James Baroud Tunnel Awning and 270 Awning

ttengineer

Adventurer
There was a thread about the new James Baroud tunnel awning but it has been deleted for some reason.

It had great info on how to mount the awning as well as some info on a possible 270 degree version.

Anyone know why it was deleted?

@rino

@adventureready

Not sure what’s going on but just looking to restart the awning thread and get a little inside info on future releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Interesting! If you go to awning enclosures page on their website, it's not listed. No search function either...... Maybe they cancelled it.....bummer!

Last edited:

Pnwfullsize

I have looked for that thread again too. I want to buy one and rino adventure gear has them in stock but i am looking for first had experience.

ttengineer

Adventurer
I have one.

It’s easy enough to set up. The instructions on how to attach the tunnel mount to the tent are abysmal.

It only goes on one way though so you’d have to be pretty dense to screw it up. It attaches via supplied epoxy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1EPICFJ

I’m interested to hear more about the awning. I like the Alu Cab style with no support poles and would like to see some competition in this style of tent

Pnwfullsize

I have one.

It’s easy enough to set up. The instructions on how to attach the tunnel mount to the tent are abysmal.

It only goes on one way though so you’d have to be pretty dense to screw it up. It attaches via supplied epoxy.

Can you share pictures of the awning and where it is mounted in comparison to the tent?

What is stopping me from getting one is that i have to use my ladder almost vertically or a very slight angle, because my vehicle is so tall, and im curious if the awning would be in the way

ttengineer

Adventurer
Can you share pictures of the awning and where it is mounted in comparison to the tent?

What is stopping me from getting one is that i have to use my ladder almost vertically or a very slight angle, because my vehicle is so tall, and im curious if the awning would be in the way

5f4ca5d7f30f48adaa7a93f39de0af08.jpg

9e048978d45eca5d4f8c0523a6a5de88.jpg

2862f19e4759527736980e9e649f9e1a.jpg

ttengineer

Adventurer
Awesome thank you! It looks like it would stick out too far for me and interfere with my ladder.

If you intend on using the ladder with out the awning just put the ladder on the other side.

That’s by I like this, I can use just the awning or integrate it into the tent as shown above, or use the other side if I don’t feel like dealing with the awning.

Pnwfullsize

If you intend on using the ladder with out the awning just put the ladder on the other side.

That’s by I like this, I can use just the awning or integrate it into the tent as shown above, or use the other side if I don’t feel like dealing with the awning.

I thought about that, but my tent is shifted to one side so the ladder will reach and won't reach the other side or with the tent centered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles