Jeep Africa, Will it Come to be?

gfiero

Adventurer
I am thinking I will be replacing my Tacoma in the next couple of years, it will reach 250,000 miles about then the way I am using it. I saw the Africa in the magazine's and on U tube and this vehicle really calls to me. I had searched for a 60 or 80 series with low mileage or fantasied about a Troopy, but that is not going to happen and then Jeep throws out this!! Sooo, long story short I want one. That said, does anyone have any insights or info on whether it will come to be or not.

Comments regarding my fantasy will not be appreciated, everyone has a dream....

Thanks

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Most likely not. The model is going to change in two more years, and if you looked at it in person, you could see the Africa was more concept, than proof of concept.
However pieces of it have/might. More importantly, it inspired the aftermarket to work on similar components that will/have come to market.

Hold on to that dream. Don't let it become a fantasy that doesn't happen. :beer:

BTW: at 250K miles, your Tacoma is just broken in, and ready to rock & roll. :) Great truck!

locrwln

Expedition Leader
I too dream of an Africa parked in my garage (I've even told my wife if they make it; expect it). We can all hope and maybe Jeep will listen, but while I think about owning one a couple of times a week, I'm not holding my breath. Jeep is famous for showing great concept vehicles that get everyone excited and then...nothing.:ylsmoke:
Jack

Captain Texas

Adventurer
It was one of the best concepts that they have ever created, that is for sure. But the fact that 2016 will more than likely be the last year for the JK means that chances of this becoming reality are slim to none.

I would like to see something like the Africa in the JL generation. :)

Maxcustody

Explorer
I hope not...........I have spent way too much getting my jeep to it's current state and I would WANT one...........

I think the Jeep Africa concept is an indication of ideas Jeep is exploring for the next generation Wrangler. While I don't think that Jeep will manufacture the Africa per se, I think the next generation Wrangler may have a little more rear over hang, maybe some fixed roof arrangement. I think with some imagination it could be seen as a platform for the rumored Jeep pickup.

I do think these concepts Jeep trots out every year are used to gauge consumer interest. This in turn allows Jeep designers to figure what direction their product needs to go to maintain sales.

Mud Dawg

Observer
Word is that Jeep will be doing a permanent hard top version of next gen Wrangler. An "Africa" version will just be a few after market parts away...

HRPINDC

Adventurer
I agree that the Africa is cool, but taking the top off is 80% of the fun for me. Without the removable top you might as well get a 4Runner.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I agree that the Africa is cool, but taking the top off is 80% of the fun for me. Without the removable top you might as well get a 4Runner.

Hey I was building a 4R the other day and I did not see the options for a straight front axle and a locking front diff....am I missing something?

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
I too am hoping for a good Jeep wrangler year to come. Not that I intend selling my 2012 as I am very happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior