Jeep gladiator build

I went to the auto show today in san diego to see it in person and i came away with this
It looks smallerin person definitely does not look like aregular 1/2 ton but looks bigger than say a colorado zr2 it looks very well done the 285s look bigger on it . The details are nicely done it feels truck but looks jeep and sadly i think it will be expensive there was a very good looking ram rebel not far away pretty loaded that stickered at 67k ? i know the gladiator is built on the same frame so my guess is a loaded rubi is gonna be very close say a big fat 70 too bad because it is one sweet ride

smlobx

Wanderer
I went to the auto show today in san diego to see it in person and i came away with this......i know the gladiator is built on the same frame so my guess is a loaded rubi is gonna be very close say a big fat 70 too bad because it is one sweet ride

The Gladiator is not built on the same frame. While it is similar to the JL it is unique to the Gladiator.

I meant to say the same frame as the ram. i thought i saw that somewhere but apparently that is also incorrect! which makes me think that 70 k is maybe low!? bummer because when you see it in person the thought is like will smith says in indepednce day........"i gotta get me one of these" ?

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
The I believe that Mark is correct in going in this direction. The trailer market is getting pretty competitive with new manufacturers popping out of the woodwork all the time. Having said that, I still would purchase a trailer built by him due to age constraints, etc. Wifey and I no longer enjoy multiple trips up and down ladders at night. If I was younger, I would definitely push for something like these. If the new Jeep’s box dimensions are standard size, I would also consider a slide in model.

As I see them the benefits of a unit like the ones shown here include:

1) Two axles instead of three (or more). Much more maneuverable with access to more interesting locations.
2) Shippability. Depending on height of course, a single unit is shorter in length thus making it easier to ship in container boxes, board ferries, etc. I think the magic number for northwest ferries is 23 feet.
3) Internal sleeping area. I would not want one without this capability. Having hard walls around me adds to a sense of security in tough out of the way locations.
4) Ease of access to the rear. Either design a pass-through from the cockpit to the rear, or a drop down type entry way from the rear, or both. Sort of a combination of Dan Grec’s Ursa Minor Jeep and the Alucab slide in model.
5) No need to climb up a ladder to get into a cloth sided RTT. I’ve done that for approximately 15 years, and one ages out of the ability/desire to do so anymore.
6) food, clothing, electronics, valuables can be stored and protected from prying eyes and fingers.

I could go on, but I think you get my drift.

So I can’t wait to see what Mark comes up with.

flipmachine

Adventurer
Nice.. I can do some fab work but that kind of a builr would be out of my wheelhouse. I'm wanting something very similar to this. Patriot camlper lc79
9daf8e609b5036156d504286d0148ca7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Exactly what I am aiming to build.. I get that it will be a small market here in north america, but that's ok...

flipmachine

Adventurer
Getting closer... pricing came out today.... I just buddies up with a high end upholstery shop..... stay tuned for what's coming.. the gladiator build is gonna be next level stuff. Super excited.

mobydick 11

Mark what you are building is very very nice stuff . I am thinking i will wait another year and hope they come out with the two door or cab and a half . It would probably be on the same frame with a longer box . say 6 foot . it would be nice to have fold down beds running down the sides .

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
if anyone has access to one.. I need box length and how wide it is... and height of cab if possible :)

There was a quadratec video a couple of weeks back on youtube where he runs a tape measure over ever possible dimension of the bed.

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94