+ d

Adventurer
Guess I'll have to keep saving up for the AEV Brute...:coffee:

I saw the compASS last week at the local dealer...:smilies27

HongerVenture

Adventurer
cshontz said:
Missed op, Jeep. Good going. :(

Definitely a missed opportunity... the Gladiator would have been my first Jeep purchase. I was sold on this from the moment I saw the concept...

That's okay, now I don't have to worry about breaking loyalty to Toyota.

AZCPP

Adventurer
Life_in_4Lo said:
That's what happens when bean counters rule the roost. You get "by the numbers" vehicles like the Compass and Patriot, that only make sense in theoretical business plans.

The Gladiator would have brought alot of buyers in. Heck, I'm a total Toyota diehard and I would have gotten one! A diesel Gladiator- how perfect would that have been?

I laugh when I read the Gladiator is a "niche, limitd market vehicle". DUH, what is the JEEP brand?! It's a niche brand!!

You go 'mainstream' and you loose JEEP (i.e. Compass/Patriot) and those are so doomed to failure it isn't even funny.

I was told by a JEEP employee, that is what they want to be, (mainstream)!!:yikes: :yikes: When I told him I was a die hard old school Jeep person (I have owned 11, two currently) and that I didn't think the Compass was what a Jeep should be! He said and I quote" guys like you are not what will keep JEEP going!" I really wanted to talk harshly (OK, I wanted to hit him!) but I kept my composure:ar15:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles