Jeep JK: ARB Releases 35 spline Dana 44 Locker

Scott Brady

Founder
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Seattle, April 7/ ARB 4x4 Accessories/ To meet the demand of off-roaders looking to strengthen their current axles without going to the expense and weight penalties of a larger axle assembly, ARB has just
released the latest model in their Performance Air Locker Series. Designed for the new 2007 and newer Jeep Wrangler JK rear Dana 44, this new performance ARB Air Locker allows users to gain the axle strength they
need from larger aftermarket 35 spline shafts and still retain their smaller, lighter Dana 44 assemblies.

Referred to as ARB part number RD147, this new Air Locker will accept 35 spline axle shafts which improve the torque range by about 30% over the stock 30 spline shafts that come installed in the JK Dana 44. As with
other ARB Air Locker models, the RD147 features ARB’s patented “timed” locking mechanism that optimizes the Air Locker’s internal gear mesh in the locked configuration and increases the unlocking speed all at the
touch of a dash mounted switch. Complete with the proven steel reinforced, elastomer bonded annular seal, this Air Locker is designed to handle the most extreme climatic temperatures on earth.
Using the very latest in parametric solid modeling systems and analysis packages, ARB’s engineering team
was able to perform comprehensive, live and virtual testing to develop a most impressive final product. The 35 spline, JK Wrangler rear Dana 44 Air Locker is available through any ARB retailer by ordering ARB part
number RD147.

Application Description Part Number Suggested Retail
2007+ Jeep Wrangler JK Rear Dana 44, 35 Spine Air Locker RD147 $932.47

ARB Air Locker Features
- Provides 100% traction on demand without affecting on road drivability or driveline wear.
- Vastly improved traction means less reliance on momentum, which reduces the likelihood of vehicle
damage or environmental impact.
-continued on next page-
2007+ Jeep Wrangler JK
Rear Dana 44 35 Spline Air Locker
Page 1
- Easy, convenient operation allows the user to concentrate on the terrain without leaving the comfort
and safety of the driver’s seat.
- Ultra durable and extremely strong - only the highest quality materials used in construction.
- Incredibly simple yet effective design that employs minimal moving parts, thereby ensuring
maximum reliability
- Thoroughly tested and proven design - trusted and used in over 80 countries around the world.
About ARB
ARB Corporation Limited is Australia’s largest and industry leading manufacturer and distributor of quality, 4WD vehicle accessories, with distribution in more than 100 countries worldwide. The
company manufactures and stocks the worlds most respected and sought after brands including ARB Air Locker locking differentials and bumpers; Old Man Emu (OME) customized suspension systems, IPF high performance lightning, and Safari snorkel systems. ARB’s Seattle office is the North, South & Central American headquarters and importer of ARB 4x4 Accessories.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
That's awesome. I thought they already made that. Guess not. Wonder what tire size it will bump the warranty up too. The standard spline was 33" tire i thought....

DBS311

Adventurer
SOCALFJ said:
That's awesome. I thought they already made that. Guess not. Wonder what tire size it will bump the warranty up too. The standard spline was 33" tire i thought....

You are right, they have had a 35 spline D44 ARB for a couple years. Maybe this one is specific for the JK.

TheGillz

Explorer
The JK has a "new generation" D44. It is apparently quite a bit sturdier than the previous D44 and the new D30 on the non rubies front comes close to the previous D44.

lowenbrau

Explorer
This is a good thing. You can also get 35 spline side gears for the Land Cruiser application. I'm going to cryo treat my factory locker axles but if they break the factory locker will be tossed in favour of an RD02 and some 35 spline Polyperfomance axles.

smbisig

Adventurer
lowenbrau said:
This is a good thing. You can also get 35 spline side gears for the Land Cruiser application. I'm going to cryo treat my factory locker axles but if they break the factory locker will be tossed in favour of an RD02
and some 35 spline Polyperfomance axles.

be careful treating your axle shafts and remember that axle shafts are supposed to have some torsion to them. if you cryo them to much, you can actually make them very brittle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne