JEEP JK/JKU rear frame rail D rings DIY

ArmyofMike

Made my own $20 Jeep JK rear frame rail D rings using harborfreight hitch mount D anchors. They are bolted for now, but will be welded too. I'm really happy with the look, utility and I feel safe actually using them for recovery. DM me if you want details or measurements for drilling the holes. The method I used utilized already in place frame rail holes.
50177117bf80b5f551099521006e164c.jpg
a74906055e2d6074ebbb77dab03b92bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ArmyofMike

I had the stock plastic bumper bit was banging it on rocks and hated the look. I didn't want to spend $$$ on an aftermarket, so I just took it off. It's actually nice without it as I have more angle of approach and utilizing the frame crossmember for magnetized goodies such as LED lights is useful.

I just hated the look of the open frame rails. Adding these D rings filled them in and I think it looks great to my eyes now!

Zeiderman

Adventurer
I have the plastic as well. I might see where they line up and cut through. I’m not a big bumper guy either. I may just pull the plastic and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArmyofMike

I have the plastic as well. I might see where they line up and cut through. I’m not a big bumper guy either. I may just pull the plastic and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The rear bumper bolts to those frame rails. You may not be able to run these d-rings if you cut the bumper. But check it out and see what you think. If you need the measurements for where I drilled the hole on the hitch let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles