jeep jk unlimited camper project

To me, this looks like sheets of wood. But maybe it is youre stuff.
http://www.rekiem-skateboards.com/atelier-fabrication-skateboards
That is "decking" material, used for making an actual skateboard. That is not skate ramp material:

Skatelite is a super durable paper-composite material that is designed to stand up to the daily punishment inflicted by skateboards and BMX bikes. Since it's made of paper, logos can be printed directly on Skatelite material before it goes through the manufacturing process.
 
This comment through a Google Image Search is what lead me to even finding expeditionportal let alone bamajeep's build.

I have been watching this, and it definitely reminds me of the HMMVW ambulances.

id_ambulance_hmmwv_m997_05_700.jpg

It will be interesting to see where you go with it! Nice work so far!
Great work, I'm hoping to see this completed by the time I read through the full thread! The pics on page 3 are a pretty epic start!
 
This comment through a Google Image Search is what lead me to even finding expeditionportal let alone bamajeep's build.



Great work, I'm hoping to see this completed by the time I read through the full thread! The pics on page 3 are a pretty epic start!
I've been working on a small shop to get out of the elements so that I can be more productive. Hope to be done with the shop by the end of the year.
 
FINALLY... Got back to working on the new camper. Did alot of research on various construction methods and ending up going with fiberglass honeycomb composite panels. I've got about 75% complete. Having trouble uploding pics due 3rd party hosting issues - anybody have any advice?
 
Host them here, so the links will never be broken

Host them on a website such as Flicker, Smug Mug or Google Images

Host them on your own site or server, $5 - $10 per month, nearly unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth.
 
Thanks. I tried to take advantage of every space I could, but at the same time tried not to take away too much of the offroad ability. It's a hard balancing act.
 
Wow. That looks quite a bit different than before. Did I miss something?
I started the project with the idea of the first one being somewhat of a prototype, so I constructed it of wood. I put the project on hold to build a work area so I could be more productive and out of the elements. Once finished with that, I uncovered the wood model and realized that the already-crummy bed liner coating had started to flake off in several areas. I decided that it'd be best to start over on a final version instead of throwing more money at something that was a proof or a concept. I've only been working on the camper for about a month and a half and finally feel like I'm headed in the right direction. Hope to be camping in the next two months, but deadlines don't usually pan out for me (as evidenced in previous posts).