Jeep Wrangler JKU Custom storage and sleeping platform

dsmith01

This is a sleeping platform for a Wrangler JKU. The platform is a 5 piece modular design and the main storage compartment fits behind the rear seats, allowing for their use while driving. The main unit has one drawer for storage and one pull out platform for a cook stove (or leave pushed in for additional storage). There are 4 cabinets on top of the main unit; two main cabinets in the middle and two smaller cabinets on each side for additional storage. When camping, the rear seats are folded down and two additional platforms are attached to the main unit to create most of the platform. Head peices are then attached to seat extensions to obtain the full 6ft length. The main unit is attached to the vehicle with turnbuckles using the factory tie downs - these can be accessed via the small cabinets on top of the main unit. Complete camping assembly consists of 4 bolts to attach the seat units to the base and it takes approx 5 minutes to assemble the whole thing. The frame is steel tube and the wood surfaces were stained and coated with polyurethane, although they could use another coat now.

I've used this a bunch for 2-3 night trips to the mountains and it works well for 1 person or 2 smaller people. Although the platform length is 6ft, I'm 5' 10" and would probably feel cramped if I were taller. Looking to get $1000 for it but I'm open to offers. Goose-gear sells a platform for around $550 but it requires removing one or both rear seats. I spent about 80 hours on the design, metalwork and woodwork to make this completely modular, not require any vehicle modifications and allow the use of both rear seats. Pictures show assembly outside of the vehicle. I'm located in Denver, CO and could potentially meet within a reasonable distance. Prefer not to ship.

View attachment 498399View attachment 498400View attachment 498401View attachment 498402View attachment 498403View attachment 498404View attachment 498405View attachment 498406View attachment 498408

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior