Jerry Cans (NATO non-CARB) in OD are still available!

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Jerry Cans (NATO non-CARB) in OD are still available!

I just got done talking to my contact at Atlantic British (http://www.roverparts.com/) and they still have Olive Drab Jerry Cans available. Here is the quantity by size that they have left. This will probably be the last batch of new cans available in the US by normal means.

20L – 65
10L – 12
5L – 12

Give Dave a call at 1-800-533-2210 x 233 and he will hook you up. TCM and I have several in transit as I type.

Keyword:
Wavian, Wedco, NATO, Jerry Can, Gerry Can, Fuel Can, Petrol Can, Diesel Can, Military, Gas Can.

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
Bongo Boy said:
But those are metal cans, right? Not sure why anyone would actually choose to buy those.

Not sure what you're saying, but I chose to buy five of them and they work quite nice.

To each their own.

762X39

Explorer
I have 7 old nato cans made from metal that date back to the 60's and 70's. Although my new Scepter POL cans are nicer, there is nothing wrong with the old cans. I have experience with the new metal cans that Atlantic British sell (sold if they are gone) and the quality is exceptional.I
should take a look in my attic and see if I have any old Nato cans that I have forgotten about and sell them to the highest bidder (I feel sorry for my poor American cousins but commerce is commerce):wings:

Attachments

• Fill er up (Medium).jpg
    Fill er up (Medium).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 184

roadkill

Adventurer
I had a gasket leaking on one of Nato cans today. did a search here and went to armysurpluswarehouse.com to find the gaskets I needed. I've been there in person before, a really huge store with lots of goodies inside and outside. well anyways I did a search for the gaskets and found them but also found some other stuff I had to have. we'll see if it actually ships and gets to me but they have "oil cans" for $24.95. I hated paying that much since I bought the same surplus cans 10 yrs ago for $9.95 so I guess all things considered its not a bad price.

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/product/euro-military-steel-oil-can-4378.cfm

anyone else need an "oil can"

symantics, I love it :clapsmile

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
roadkill said:
I had a gasket leaking on one of Nato cans today. did a search here and went to armysurpluswarehouse.com to find the gaskets I needed. I've been there in person before, a really huge store with lots of goodies inside and outside. well anyways I did a search for the gaskets and found them but also found some other stuff I had to have. we'll see if it actually ships and gets to me but they have "oil cans" for $24.95. I hated paying that much since I bought the same surplus cans 10 yrs ago for $9.95 so I guess all things considered its not a bad price.

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/product/euro-military-steel-oil-can-4378.cfm

anyone else need an "oil can"

symantics, I love it :clapsmile

Did you find out if they have the seals? I need a few.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Bongo Boy said:
But those are metal cans, right? Not sure why anyone would actually choose to buy those.

same question coming from me, did you have a bad experience on a trip? I've had my single nato-style Wedco for about 8 years and numerous trips/fill-ups, etc.

its ready for a fire-engine red respray, but Its as solid as when my lovely wife gifted me with it on christmas.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Argentina,

What kind of bad luck have you had with Metal Cans? Specifically, the Metal NATO cans, unless you were talking about Blitz style metal cans with screw lids.

Unfortunately, the plastic Mil Spec fuel cans are few and far between in the US. There are many threads on this forum regarding sources for the Scepters, but I believe the general consensus is that they are pretty much gone.

roadkill

Adventurer
my order came in yesterday, I now have 4 NATO oil cans and 10 gaskets :sombrero: I wonder how many other retailers will be selling oil cans in the future? :clapsmile

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Roadkill,

Please post of pics of the actual product. I'd like to see the quality versus the online marketing pictures.

roadkill

Adventurer
I'll get some tonight or tommorrow. I still have to look inside the cans with a light but judging from the outside they will be good inside. they are the brand that begins with a T and have those labels that you slide by the neck. mine were all OD green and looked to be just as advertised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94