JK’s with an awning and a bestop sunrider

SBSYNCRO

I've wondered the same thing. I have found that I really like the Sunrider, but it creates a lot of "wait a minute, that's not going to work..." kinds of moments while thinking about mods. Do you have a rack system already? I'm running a Rhino Backbone, and haven't yet tried it with one of the crossbars in the forward-most position, but when I've eyeballed it, it looks like it will work fine.

Outdoorsben

Observer
We have the Rhino-Rack backbone 3 crossbar system and the Bestop Sunrider, and it works fine.
Can you snap a pic of the sunrider back with the last first cross bar to see how close it is?

I've wondered the same thing. I have found that I really like the Sunrider, but it creates a lot of "wait a minute, that's not going to work..." kinds of moments while thinking about mods. Do you have a rack system already? I'm running a Rhino Backbone, and haven't yet tried it with one of the crossbars in the forward-most position, but when I've eyeballed it, it looks like it will work fine.
I agree it does have some “Will that work” moments.

OregonJKU

It snows here in the winter so we haven't yet installed the Sunrider this year. From what I recall it does rest on the crossbar but doesn't present a problem for us, and we've driven with the top open at freeway speeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior