JK front bucket seat in the rear

Lazy Hiker

The MasterCraft Safety brackets worked well for me, except for one issue. I chose to retain the seat sliders to have the ability to move the seats back as far as possible. This raises the seats up a bit too high for my comfort level. My son is 5'10", and it won't be too long before his head is uncomfortably close to the rear roll bar.

The solution is simple: I'm going to cut the brackets down by approx 2 inches which will lower the seats to a safer level, but still clear the cargo area floor to allow the seats to slide back as far as possible.

The brackets also make for a nice safe place to store my Hi-Lift inside out of the weather :luxhello:

expdnJP

A Shelf in Cargo Area

WhiteMountains01.jpg

During my travels I realized that organized cargo area is very important. I hated when different items were when falling out after opening the tailgate. A net was not very convenient. I decided to develop a shelf in order to keep our things in place.

IMG_4562.jpg

The next step was to build a shelf out of plywood. It is attached to two hardtop bolts.

IMG_4544.jpg

The shelf is covered with black automotive carpet.

IMG_4549.jpg

IMG_4554.jpg

IMG_4561.jpg

The style of my packing evolved drastically. Simple plastic boxes help to keep things in place. Nothing is falling out when opening the tailgate.

IMG_8993.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior