JK Overland Project: Expeditions West 3.0

Scott Brady

Founder
Expeditions West and Overland Journal has added a new project vehicle, the Mopar Underground JK Unlimited Overland. This truck came out of the Jeep Skunkworks engineering team, with support from American Expedition Vehicles and ARB.

Here are a few particulars: More details soon.

2009 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon
AEV Front Bumper
Warn 9.5 Ti winch with Viking line
AEV Hood
AEV Snorkel
Grand Cherokee 17" Steel Wheels
AEV Nth Degree 3.5" Suspension System
Jeep Diff Guards
BFG 35" KM2s
ARB Roof Rack
ARB Simpson III Tent
ARB Awning
AEV Rear Corner Guards with new steps (for accessing the rack and tent)
Jeep Rear Light Guards
AEV Rear Bumper with swing out and 5 gallons of water storage
Rear seats and all insulation/plastic panels removed
Flat floor kit
Jeep Seat Covers
A few Daystar bits

We spent about an hour testing the truck on a local course, and the capability with the 35" tires is impressive. I particularly like the Nth degree suspension. I am surprised how well it handles with the roof tent and rack up high.

Here are a few pictures from day one. Thanks Charlie for a good job with the photos!
JK_Overland.jpg

JK_Overland%20(1).jpg

JK_Overland%20(2).jpg

JK_Overland%20(3).jpg

JK_Overland%20(4).jpg

Just for fun ;)
JK_Overland%20(5).jpg

JK_Overland%20(6).jpg

More details and our plans for the Jeep soon! For now, we are excited to have it, and are looking at any blanks in the calendar to get it out on the trail!

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Hope the Earthroamer doesn't get jealous...What's this the third white JK over in your folks shop.

*The Earthroamer
*The OJ Long Term Test JK Unlimited
*and now the Skunkworks Overland

You do know that they come in other shades of the rainbow, right?

You should send one or the other over to the ExPo East crew for testing in heavily forested areas. Just so you can free up some room of course. :sombrero:

Too cool.

dirty Bakers

Conservative
Whats the story behind this one? How did you guys end up with this beautiful rig? I wonder What you Are planning on doing with this very well set up rig?

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I would think Jonathan would have one of the Jeeps down at his place and Scott this one at the shop.
You know spread out the editorial range and all :)

Congrats on the Overland rig ending up at it's proper home of course, it was called the Overland after all.

Michael Slade

Untitled
I want you to know that the 'flat floor kit' was inspired by none other than my humble Crew Cab. :sombrero:

Have fun with that thing! :smiley_drive:

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
You said you needed a driver right? :elkgrin: Let's take that bad boy to the sierra's!

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Are there any pictures of the inside of the jeep I would like to know what the flat floor kit look like.

Scott Brady

Founder
Flooring kit: It appears to be a pressure treated plywood with a rubberized coating.

JK_Overland%20(10).jpg

JK_Overland%20(9).jpg

JK_Overland%20(8).jpg

We will add another layer and create the option for sleeping inside. Fridge, fuel storage, additional water storage and storage for recovery equipment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior