JKUR OME 2619/2620 coils

denton57

I have a 2015 JKUR that currently has an AEV 2.5 DS lift. I have started adding weight due to mods over the past year (ARB bumpers front and rear, Warn XD9i, steel oil and trans skid, gas skid, TeraFlex tire carrier with hilift mount, etc) and I am adding more with a Gobi Stealth, part time RTT, and potentially a fridge and shelf system. My AEV lift has rake built in, and the ARB bull bumper and winch is really bringing the nose down more.

My question is...add a 3/4” spacer to the front with the AEV springs OR replace both AEV springs with the HD 2619/2620 coils from OME? My goal is to get level but to also handle the current and soon to be additional weight. I am not getting rear sag yet (or maybe it’s not noticeable since the front sags so much), but I understand it’s just a matter of time when you keep adding weight. Gobi won’t be here for a couple of months and the RTT (Tepui Autana 3) will only be on the Jeep when needed.

I have the OME coils already. I just need to decide which route to go to be level as well as plan for the extra weight.

jadmt

ignore button user
being you already have the OME coils take the hour or two it will take to install them up front and see how it looks. have you taken this measurement yet? perhaps you will find you have not sagged as much as you thought. regardless if you do not like how it looks try the new front coils being you have them.

stock-jk-dim_zpsb4e89309.jpg

JeepJKRearHeight_zpsaf77b11c.jpg

denton57

Good stuff right there. I’ve never seen that diagram. I’ll measure my current set up and compare with the stock measurements and see where I’m at with the AEV coils now.

One concern with the OME is the rear will shoot up to 3”+ since it doesn’t have a huge amount of weight on it and the front will be a 2” because of the front end weight.

denton57

So on the front coil, the measurement from perch to tower is 9 3/8” on a stock JK. I am assuming a 4 door Rubicon would be closer to + .47 inch, or 9 7/8”? Just trying to get an idea of where I started when stock.

jadmt

ignore button user
up front it is the same on 2 door or 4 door rubicon or sport . I personally use the shock measurement simply because I have had 1 jku, 2 jkur and 1 jkr wranglers and measured many others and that seems to be pretty darn consistent on all of mine and the ones I measured.

denton57

So just measured.. I am 2” all the way around with the AEV coils. I’m thinking about the OME coils with a 3/4” spacer on the front 2619’s. I’m guessing the rear 2620 will be in the 3” range once installed and with the spacer, the 2619 will net 2 3/4.

denton57

Installed OME springs. I netted 7/8” inch both front and back from the AEV springs with the added spacer up front. So now I am right at 3” of lift.

Looks like the rear is sitting higher than the front, so I’m going to remeasure after driving it a little bit. Definitely wish I would have went with 35’s over the BFG 315’s.

jadmt

ignore button user
I know many people don't like the front lower but it has a lot of benefits. You can see better offroad, you are level when you load the back down, rake is supposed to add a fraction of mpg. you will most likely settle a 3/8-1/2" over the next 50 miles. I prefer a bit of rake as I hate having the tail dragging look when loaded up.

denton57

Yeah I’m happy with it. When I start adding the weight of the roof rack, etc., it will level out I’m sure

denton57

Not the best comparison pic as I should have taken a before pic this morning, but this is what the new springs (and front spacer) resulted in:

Before:

F12ED735-1349-496F-9614-35EB4BAE721D.jpeg

After:

EA4AC3BA-0518-4B30-BC9D-68729C341A66.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne