Jumping Jack Tent Trailers

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
If you look around there has been some discussion on this trailer. I seem to recall Scott did a review on one.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Built here in SLC, really popular amongst the ATV crowd as they can it doubles as their transport trailer. Neat concept IMO

Rupe

Adventurer
I bought a Jumping Jack trailer about 3 or 4 months ago. It's great! It is just a tent with beds and a table but that is all we wanted. We have a EZ-up Canopy that we set our kitchen up in. It is well built and has plenty of room for 4 to sleep or eat in. I tow it with my '07 JK 2dr and I don't even know it's back there until I hit the steep hills, then I have to do alot of shifting, but that because of the tall gears in the Jeep.
We can put alot on top of it if we want and are going to get a large Thule box to mount on it so we can put all of our camping gear in it and not in the back of the Jeep. It will be removeable, so when we pull into our camping spot for the night we can just lift it off and open up the trailer.
Speaking of opening. It really does set up fast. Ten minutes and I'm sure that will go down the more we do it. Taking it down is just as easy and takes ten minutes for that as well.
If you have any questions I will be more then happy to try and answer them for you. I highly recommend them for dragging them over rough roads. You won't be able to take them over the Rubicon but they will still go alot of places. rupe

rusty_tlc

Explorer
They sell them at Sportsmans Warehouse here in town. They are very wide, very very wide. Not so good if you wanted to use them for overland travel. Probably great if you wanted to haul your dirt bikes, kayaks or ATV's out someplace and camp for a week.

Rupe

Adventurer
rusty_tlc said:
They sell them at Sportsmans Warehouse here in town. They are very wide, very very wide. Not so good if you wanted to use them for overland travel. Probably great if you wanted to haul your dirt bikes, kayaks or ATV's out someplace and camp for a week.

Rusty_tic- The fenders on the trailer only stick out about 2 to 3 inches farther then my fender flares on my JK. They look alot wider then they are. The fenders are just right for seeing in the mirrors for backing up. The JK is about 6" wider then the TJ's from outside of fender to outside of finder. It's kind of a bummer. I've hand my trailer down some trails and roads and it is just fine. Like I said it isn't made for trails like the Rubicon. If you try to weave in and out of tight trees, your going to be to long any way. For those of you that can't crawl around in a roof top tent or sleep on the ground anymore, like me. It's a great trailer The reason we bought it was because that once I became disabled, I can't get up off the ground anymore without causing pain, but yet it still gives me the fun of sleeping in a tent and the beds are just grrrrreatt. That's why we didn't pay $10.000 for a pop up style, we didn't want a house on wheels, we just wanted a tent on wheels with beds that I can climb out of instead of up out of.
If you can still climb around in a small tent then I would get one of the trax trailers. They are very small, but they will go anywhere. The differance is like a spike camp compared to a base came trailer when you put the Jumping Jack up against a Trax. Just depends on what you what or need.
FYI there are places that sell them for just under $5000.oo rupe

1leg

Explorer
rusty_tlc said:
They are very wide, very very wide. Not so good if you wanted to use them for overland travel.

A 4x6 or 4x8 would be nice.

Rupe?

Is there any space inside for storage when closed? for things like sleeping bags and pillows.

Rupe

Adventurer
1leg said:
A 4x6 or 4x8 would be nice.

Rupe?

Is there any space inside for storage when closed? for things like sleeping bags and pillows.

1leg, if you get the one with the double bed and single bed you would have room for 2 or 3 sleeping bags and pillows. With the 2 double beds it's pretty filled up with the mattress and the center section of the frame when it folds down. We got the Double/double, because you never know when you might have another couple sleeping in it. We love it. Right now we carry the sleeping bags and pillows in the jeep, but most other things are strapped down to the top of the trailer. The Thule is just to make it all easier. rupe

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Rupe said:
Rusty_tic- The fenders on the trailer only stick out about 2 to 3 inches farther then my fender flares on my JK. They look alot wider then they are. The fenders are just right for seeing in the mirrors for backing up. The JK is about 6" wider then the TJ's from outside of fender to outside of finder. It's kind of a bummer. I've hand my trailer down some trails and roads and it is just fine. Like I said it isn't made for trails like the Rubicon. If you try to weave in and out of tight trees, your going to be to long any way. For those of you that can't crawl around in a roof top tent or sleep on the ground anymore, like me. It's a great trailer The reason we bought it was because that once I became disabled, I can't get up off the ground anymore without causing pain, but yet it still gives me the fun of sleeping in a tent and the beds are just grrrrreatt. That's why we didn't pay $10.000 for a pop up style, we didn't want a house on wheels, we just wanted a tent on wheels with beds that I can climb out of instead of up out of.
If you can still climb around in a small tent then I would get one of the trax trailers. They are very small, but they will go anywhere. The differance is like a spike camp compared to a base came trailer when you put the Jumping Jack up against a Trax. Just depends on what you what or need.
FYI there are places that sell them for just under $5000.oo rupe
It's all about what works for each of us. .

Rupe

Adventurer
Yep it is about what works for each of us. I thought that getting a view from someone that owns one should tell thier experances with it and what it was like to tow it and where you can and can't take it. That's all I was attempting to do. Personal experance helps me make a decision on whether I want to buy a product or not. Wasn't trying to make a sale pitch to everyone, just those that wanted to know about them. Sorry if I sounded like it was a trailer for everyone. I will be the first to admit that it isn't for everyone. As I said in my other posts, it's not a trailer for trails like the Rubicon or any other trail that needs a short narrow trailer. I just want people to know that it isn't but little bit wider then my JK. rupe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior