June 17th - Saguaro Lake Coves Barbeque

Status
Not open for further replies.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
OK Mark, Colette and I are in. We will not have our daughter, but we may bring an extra teenager. Put us down for 5 still, and let me know what I need to bring.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Mark-

I might be able to make it.. but probably not. I work 02:00 to 14:00 that day, so it'll depend on sleep. If you need clean up help let me know. My last trip out there, I left the OHV with my truck bed completely full of litter. I am off on the 18th.

articulate

Expedition Leader
datrupr said:
OK Mark, Colette and I are in. We will not have our daughter, but we may bring an extra teenager. Put us down for 5 still, and let me know what I need to bring.
Right on!!! This will be extra fun.

Here's what I'm thinking: I'll definately bring a grill. I'm wishy-washy on everything else right now. Let's plan on providing for "our own" and bring a little extra to share. We're going to have a mild sized group.

Don't forget imperatives like camping chairs. I will be having a :beer: or two, but taking it easy since we've got to drive out.

flyingwil said:
Mark-

I might be able to make it.. but probably not. I work 02:00 to 14:00 that day, so it'll depend on sleep. If you need clean up help let me know. My last trip out there, I left the OHV with my truck bed completely full of litter. I am off on the 18th.
Oh man....that would be cool if you could make it out there. We're going to have a b-l-a-s-t. The 18th is Father's Day, and I'm pretty booked up with obligatory phone calls, brunches, lunches and so forth.

I've been noticing that we have solid sunlight until closer to 8:00 pm. I'm thinking we ought to push the meet time to 5:00 or 5:30.

McVick - Is date night going to happen for you?

Cheers,
Mark

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Just found out that my sister-in-laws mother has unfortunately fallen ill for the worst. They are packing for an emergency trip to NM now. It is up in the air as to if they are taking their baby or if he will hang back here with us.

So, no confirmation at this time, will let you know but probably not likely.

flyingwil

articulate said:
I've been noticing that we have solid sunlight until closer to 8:00 pm. I'm thinking we ought to push the meet time to 5:00 or 5:30.

I believe the OHV and rec area's are only open until sunset. Just FYI...

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Mark, how do I get to the coves? Is it marked? I may need some help finding you. What CB channel are you running if any? Shoot me a PM with your cell # again and we can get it all sorted out. Or, if I do happen to find your # I'll give you a call.

articulate

Expedition Leader
flyingwil said:
I believe the OHV and rec area's are only open until sunset. Just FYI...
I wondered about that as well. Tonto Nt'l Forest office isn't open today for me to confirm, and there ain't a word about open times for the area on the website: http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/tonto/recreation/rec-ohv-index.shtml

datrupr said:
Mark, how do I get to the coves? Is it marked? I may need some help finding you. What CB channel are you running if any? Shoot me a PM with your cell # again and we can get it all sorted out. Or, if I do happen to find your # I'll give you a call.
Have you been to Saguaro Lake before? Take the 87 highway from Fountain Hills to the Bush highway (mileage? Maybe 20 miles?). There are signs for Saugaro Lake there. Several miles down the Bush Highway there is a turn off for Butcher Jones cove (or something like that). Turn in and park.

CB Channel 4.

I'll PM my phone.

Later,
Mark

If

flyingwil

The sign is right by the B line and butcher jones.... IF i recall correctly at sunset they close one gate, and have the tire popper thing on the other side, so that it is one way out... so if you go long it shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz