Just begging for a wisecrack . . .

gjackson

FRGS
What i really want to know is, what's the tool with the hole in the end of it?

That is the most useful tool ever! Actually has many uses. Originally it was for pulling a new wiring loom through the chassis of a series land rover when Lucas struck and wholesale replacement was the only option. Also proved alarmingly good for adjusting timing and as a restrictor to allow that trusty smokey 2.25L gas engine to pass any sort of emissions. With the introduction of the series III it was found, quite by accident, that it is also a skeleton key for all series door locks. That use has continued, and some Defenders and Range Rovers can also be opened by that key. Rumour has it that the LR3 also has a universal skeleton key, but it is something to do with lightening and brandy. Look for clarification from Solihull after they find out what they did.

;)

cheers

Sharkman

Observer
Sharkman, that is a joke, right? Tell me it's a joke.

No joke! Available on e-bay right now for $5.50.

I bet it's super reliable but would you really want to be seen with it in the woods?.....hmmmm;)

Last edited:

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
\\'anderer said:
What i really want to know is, what's the tool with the hole in the end of it?

Officially, it is probably a lanyard attachment and most Letherman tools have one. Unofficially, Graham is probably much closer to the truth.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
gjackson said:
It's a bizzare world. If LRs were so bad no one would want them! Yet half the people on this list would give their left nut for a Defender 110/130. I have the inappropriate urge to make a sexist comparison (sorry ladies, I'm not usually led to these things); Land Rovers are like Bond girls (or super models): really sexy, very good for what you want them for, but unlikely to last for very long. Everything else is like all the other girls: I'll leave you to make the comparison.

Now just imagine you had a bond girl (super model) who did last the long run. That is the Land Rover we are all looking for. And they are out there, but they require a lot of work and caring for, just as you might expect. A lot of time and expense and worry, but DAMN are they worth it! :wings:

:drool: :ylsmoke:

cheers

Nah, I've got a Toyota that'll last alot longer ;) and go alot further

Cheers and No Worries

Dave :rappel:

Redback

Adventurer
david despain said:
every series owner should never be without a second light source after dark :ylsmoke:

:luxhello: :luxhello: that's funny, aaahhh Lucus the prince of darkness:victory: :victory: :hehe: the inventor of the blackout

OK i'm sorry:rolleyes: :peepwall:

Redback

Adventurer
4Rescue said:
Nah, I've got a Toyota that'll last alot longer ;) and go alot further

Cheers and No Worries

Dave :rappel:

Hahahahahahahaha that's even funnier, and trust me i've owned 2 Toyota hiluxs:088: :088: :p :p , I know why did i buy another one, well we are all entitled to one mistake, aren't we:rolleyes: :p :peepwall:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Redback said:
Hahahahahahahaha that's even funnier, and trust me i've owned 2 Toyota hiluxs:088: :088: :p :p , I know why did i buy another one, well we are all entitled to one mistake, aren't we:rolleyes: :p :peepwall:
yeah because Toyotas are widely known to be unreliable and have all sorts of problems ;) (I'm assuming you meant "didn't" buy another one) and the 22RE isn't literaly THE most reliable engine on the panet... You brit car owners are hillarious, if something breaks on a normal rig it's called unrelaible, if a Rover breaks it's called "charm" well, at least you guy's and gals get alot of "Charm" out of your rigs :lol: LR's are hillarious, all that money and it's either got a bad electrical system or it's a Ford (ooh stings)

And for the record I drove LR's and Cruisers all over Australia and the Cruisers never broke down, same can't be said for the rovers that were in need of constant tinkering. Hell it was an LC79 that got me out of the bush when I got bit by a RedBack, good thing I wasn't in the bloody rover I would have been hooped.

Cheers and No Worries

Dave

Scott Brady

Founder
While my Disco II had many electrical problems, it was very capable off-highway and was more comfortable and possessed several positive ergonomic and design features that Toyota's do not have (offset axles, 3.3:1 low range, long accelerator pedal travel for fine control, etc.).

So, there is no perfect off-highway vehicle. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. In the Outback Challenge, the Nissans and Land Cruisers (80 series) had massive failures while the LR's suffered no issues.

There is no question that Toyota is more reliable, but compared to a Defender, the variance in reliability is much less than some of the comments in this thread would support.

Just my opinion, having owned and driven them both...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke