Just Purchased a 2005 Mitsubishi Montero...Now to Plan

codename607

Adventurer
I'm not new to the overland world but I've never owned a 4wd Mitsubishi. Something about these Montero's that I like.

We paid $4000 for this one owner 2005 Montero with 173,000 miles on it. The Carfax had over 30 service records and they all seemed good, so I felt it was a fair deal.

The plan is to build a simple camping rig.

>Roof top tent or sleeping platform inside
>Some type of storage inside to keep it organized
>Possibly plasti dip some of the chrome or wheels(gives more of a rugged look)
>New rims or adding spacers(to fill out the wheel well)
>OME lift with Medium springs(need to keep the ride smooth)

The first thing that I need to have done is to replace the valve gasket; the timing belt was already done.
Mitsubhishi.jpg

Leadheavy52

Welcome to the Montero club. Nice looking rig. I am new to the Gen 3 (2001-2006) models myself. Be sure to check out a few of the other Montero groups out there. Much more active than the Expo most times.
The Facebook Mitsubishi Monteros USA group is a good one and so is the forum at Adventure Driven Designs (a Montero enthusiast group for sure). Cheers!

Michael Brown

You followed me, so now we're both lost
Make sure you grab the relevant FSMs from the link below. They will give you all the information you could ever need when you start working on it. I recommend getting all of the Gen 3 manuals.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Beautiful! Makes me want a white one now, except i can't even keep the one i have now :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior