Kifaru Woobie vs Rumpl Down

MountainClimber

I've got two woobies, one of the older versions that has become my wife's favorite house blanket and a new one that I currently have with me on deployment (shipboard navy). The new one has worked well for me from 80 degree temps to high 60's without to much of an issue. Biggest reason being that I can cover as much or as little of myself as I want. The things I like about it are the synthetic insulation is tied to the sewn boarder so it stays in place and the 550 loops around the perimeter allow me to tie portions of it together to make a bag. Currently I have the foot of the blanket tied together with the rest hanging open. I looked at both the HPG and Rumpl products but ultimately went back to Kifaru because my old one has, and continues to, serve me so well. The new insulation is much better as well.

TSnider

I have the Kifaru Woobie and it is an incredible piece of gear. I use it for hunting, and it lives in the RTT. We are renting a Toyota in Maui in a few weeks and for a single night we will need to be quite bundled up, and for that night I have no doubt the wobble will keep both my wife and myself warm enough combined with a light sleeping bag.

Krej

I will add another ringing endorsement for Kifaru. I have both the Woobie and Doobie, and just grab the right one formthe weather. The temp has to be quite warm for the Woobie to be too hot, as others have mentioned, only cover up what you need to.
As for down, the nature of car camping makes downs only advantage (weight) a moot point, and you are only left with the negatives (durability, water issues etc). If you were backpacking it would be a different story.
The Woobie makes a great all around camp blanket, who cares if it is a little damp outside, and the benefits of Kifaru’s wind proof Rhino Skin silnylon can not be overstated.

aaen

Adventurer
Having just picked up a rumple's a few weeks back as I didn't;t realize it was such a long wait time for a woobie, I will say the rumple's is a nice summer weight blanket, that is about it. I wouldn't rely on it to keep you warm in the winter/fall/spring.

I will be picking up a woobie and maybe a doobie this summer, I also quite like their packs and may grab one for day hiking.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94