SOLD - Kimberley Karavan For Sale

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
I have decided to put my 2013 Kimberley Karavan X-Series up for sale. We just do not use it enough to justify the investment and the yearly maintenance costs.

All problems have been fixed and numerous improvements have been made. It is a better unit than what left the factory in Ballina. I have a PDF file available that lists all the accessories, upgrades, repairs and spare parts that are included.

Located in Atlanta, GA USA. If interested, PM me.

IMG_0401_DxO.jpg

IMG_0876_DxO.jpg

Last edited:

Carolina4x4

Hi, can you answer a few questions for me: how do you source parts for this, given that KK is Australian? What are the yearly maintenance costs? And most important, what is the wet weight? We have a V6 4runner. Thanks. Based in North Carolina.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Hi, can you answer a few questions for me: how do you source parts for this, given that KK is Australian? What are the yearly maintenance costs? And most important, what is the wet weight? We have a V6 4runner. Thanks. Based in North Carolina.

Many parts are US parts. Those that are not can be obtained easily and duty free from the factory in OZ.

Yearly maintenance costs are insurance and vehicle license tag. That will be owner coverage and location dependent.

Net weight is 4000 lbs. I pull it easily with either my MB G500 or Audi Q7 TDI. There is an owner here on EP (Tucsn T4R) that uses a 4 runner to tow his to places I would never have the kojones to go. Do a Search here and you'll find his posts.

Henrymski

"Some drivers are better than others"? Says the guy who admits to a lack of cojones! What makes you think his aversion to weight has anything to do with driving skill? Just curious. Curmudgeon indeed.
Oh, and good luck with sale.

AndrewTK

Tucson T4R doesn't seem to have any problems with the weight; but some drivers are better than others, I guess.

No matter. Happy Trails!

Tuscon T4R has a 4th gen 4runner with a V8, it would be much better suited to towing a trailer of this weight than a V6 4runner (which Carolina4x4 indicated he has). I moved from a diesel Touareg to a 5th gen 4runner (also a v6), and while the weight of this trailer would disappear behind the Touareg, towing behind the 4runner would be a far less enjoyable experience.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Price reduced. I want to move this unit. US$45,000.00 obo. This is less than half the cost of a new one.

DCGibbs

Observer
Thanks for including me on this post. For the price you are asking, I could buy two NoBo's and Trimbren Axleless Torsion Wheels for that price...

Grassland

Thanks for including me on this post. For the price you are asking, I could buy two NoBo's and Trimbren Axleless Torsion Wheels for that price...

NoBo are just a gussied up mainstream heap marketed towards younger folks. Take a look at what they are made of and how they are put together and you will see. Online images sure make them look good though.

dreadlocks

this thing would easily outlast 10 forrest river trailers, so pretty damn good deal IMHO.. takes much more than Torsion axles to make something as offroad capable as this, which has air suspension btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles