Kitchen Kit/Chuck Box

coreman23

That's a good deal, there was one for sale for $150 here, just need to find one from someone that doesn't know what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanhendo

Vector file request if you have it so I can build my own!

HI! totally new to this forum and signed up so I could send a message! I am going to be building basically exactly what you have there, possibily with tine tweaking but why when what you have is great. I have a friend with a CNC machine, I asked if we could make this and he asked if you have a Vector file we could use to make things waaaaayyyy easier and faster to do.... so, with that... do you happen to have the file you would be able and willing to share with me so I can make one of my own of these?

Thank-you for your time and consideration

Wow!
"This weekend my neighbor helped me cut my chuckbox on his CNC machine. '

chuckboxcnc5.jpg

The machine cutting out the skeletonized holes for weight
reduction and the dados for the adjustable shelves.

chuckboxcnc7.jpg

The sheet all cut out with all the pieces needed for the chuckbox.

.​

Umtaneum

Adventurer
kitchen box.jpg

New box, ready for paint and hardware. I knocked this together last weekend out of leftover 3/4" Luan ply and 1/2" apple-ply. I'm going to build a folding shelf to hang it off of the side of the camper or over the truck bed, so I don't have to set up a freestanding table every time I want to cook outside.

It weighs a ton. I probably should have used more 1/2" and less 3/4" plywood but I was going for strong.

alsmith

Observer
Here's what I built :) Jeep kitchen

I built this for myself and am about to put in an order if anyone else wants one :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h-AW0p2Yz8

Price per unit:

- Coated Steal: $1,425.00 (US) / $1,909 (Canadian) [plus shipping and taxes if they apply]
- Stainless: $1,695.00 (US) / $2,272 (Canadian) [plus shipping and taxes if they apply]

Email me at al@alsmith.com if you want to get one built with me :)

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
since I run an old CJ-7 off road (and on); space is at a premium...
(please excuse the construction supplies).

cook box 1 DSCF0185.jpg
Packed.

cook box lid off DSCF0186.jpg
Lid off.

cook box contentsDSCF0187.jpg
Contents.

The alternate stove is the old trusty/rusty Coleman, propane, 2 burner (used on extended trips or when cooking for more than 2 people).

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Correus

Adventurer
I'm intrigued.... I have a '63 SIIa 88 so space is at space is at a premium for me as well. What type of military container is that in? I have a Coleman
Sportster II dual fuel 1-burner but would love to have one like you have. Your coffee pot looks hefty as well, the one I have is about half that side - not good for a coffee lover.

If it wouldn't be too much of an imposition would you mind listing what all you can carry in that - it looks like a lot!!

Great job!!

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
What type of military container is that in? I have a Coleman
Sportster II dual fuel 1-burner but would love to have one like you have. Your coffee pot looks hefty as well, the one I have is about half that side - not good for a coffee lover.

The box is a "Guided Missile Container, MK34 mod.0", its got places for 2 rounds. Due to the apparently fat stumpy size of the locations its proabaly just for part (explosive projectile is stenciled on the box) of the missile.
The coffee pot appears bigger due to the wide angle lens on the old digital camera; its an 8 cup Faberware.
I believe the still make the brass Svea 123R stove (pretty spendy now); its origins reach nearly into the 1800s from what I have heard although this one has served me well only since the 1970s.

Off the top of my head (might forget something);
The box has an attached wooden cutting board, with a campfire grill and folding 8" fry pan (containing a kitchen towel). Held in place by a military vehicle small cargo strap of some kind.
msr bowl
8" tongs
small wisk
plastic spatula
saltshaker
Svea 123R stove with pot an holder, eyedropper (for priming) & BIC lighter; wrapped in a shop towel secured by a Velcro strap.
3 or 4 ounce bottle of vegetable oil.
1 oz. squeeze bottle liquid soap.
Sigg 0.3 L fuel bottle with UCO easy pour spout, wrapped in a shop towel secured by a Velcro strap, in a Slumberjack pillow bag.
approx. 3" x 3" x 4.5" square plastic coffee jar.
MSR Seagull pot with cover (I thin its the smallest size), with a plastic scrubbie in the lid, and a spare BIC lighter, a bundle of toothpicks, 4 spring style clothes pins, and 3 - 1oz ounce spice bottles (garlic powder, minced onion and sugar).
an Ove glove
a pocket watch.
2 square plates (they fit better).
a folding aluminum windscreen.
a double wall cup, minus the handle in a can cooler.
a cheap camp usa locking folder.
a fabric pencil box with;
can opener, cut down steak knife, cut down small spatula, diamond knife sharpener,4 stainless spoons, 4 stainless forks, 4 cut down stainless table knives (walmart's cheapest) and a plastic pot scraper.

(whew!)

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
..I forgot there are two double wall coffee mugs, several can coolers and a extendable hotdog fork in a different supply box... couldn't fit them into this one... (Note to self: find a way to fit an extra can cooler).
The cooking spray is packed with the food.
A cast iron fry pan w/lid if we do popcorn and (rarely anymore) a Dutch oven are packed separately, as is the small stockpot, wire scoop and large oil container (if French fries make it onto the menu).
The trusty/rusty Coleman propane 2 burner with hose and regulator are also packed separately, if needed/desired.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Teacherjulie

Hello all,

Just registered to say this board got me motivated and inspired to make one. Ive been tweaking my plans for a week now and here the one im building tomorrow! Thanks

52'' long x 22'' depth x 36'' high

If anyone needs the google sketchup file let me know. Ill glady share them. Took me a while but it was fun.

View attachment 221406
View attachment 221407
View attachment 221410

I would love to receive a copy of the sketch up please. Loveables02@hotmail.com

mkitchen

Explorer
So many nice designs and builds

Well looking at some of these chuck boxes, I think it is time for me to build up a box to fit my wants/needs. All I have is hand tools so a wonderful work of art is out but I will do my best with my router and bottle of glue. I want to have my box done in time for the 2016 Overland Expo West, this May. Guess I better get to work.
Mikey

PS If you see an old 71 Ford F 250 4X4, tan with a white shell stop by and check out what I came up with. If I am around, the coffee will be available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles