KLR 650

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I think you an still fit just a bit more stuff piled on that poor bike.
haha maybe. Its not quite as bad as it looks. The dark bag is my bedroll. Those tiny panniers had tools. And the backpack, had clothes, cooking stuff, food, etc Was a learning experience, for as loaded as it was it did well.

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
I too have an 06 KLR. I have several ADV bikes but ride my KLR the most because I've been able to mod it out to where it is the most comfortable bike I own for long rides. It won't win any races, but I never will need a dealer to fix it for me. It only has 128,000 miles on it since I bought it new. And yes, it did burn oil at one time, has been bored and ported and is on its 3rd set of rings. I do my own work, BTY!

I built the crash bars and racks on it. A lot of mod stuff I won't go into. But to the OP, I hope you are still enjoying your pig. I love mine.

It's done the Transaction American Trail, the Continental Divide, the Pig Trail and I've ridden it to and up and down both coast, down the Florida Keys and all over in between. Yea, I'm retired! :) As I get older I'm starting to pack it on my Motor home carrier and just use the bus as a base camp. My old bones like sleeping on a real mattress now a days.

Attachments

• 2019-06-13 22.44.44.jpg
    2019-06-13 22.44.44.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 17

tatanka48

I too have an 06 KLR. I have several ADV bikes but ride my KLR the most because I've been able to mod it out to where it is the most comfortable bike I own for long rides. It won't win any races, but I never will need a dealer to fix it for me. It only has 128,000 miles on it since I bought it new. And yes, it did burn oil at one time, has been bored and ported and is on its 3rd set of rings. I do my own work, BTY!

I built the crash bars and racks on it. A lot of mod stuff I won't go into. But to the OP, I hope you are still enjoying your pig. I love mine.

It's done the Transaction American Trail, the Continental Divide, the Pig Trail and I've ridden it to and up and down both coast, down the Florida Keys and all over in between. Yea, I'm retired! :) As I get older I'm starting to pack it on my Motor home carrier and just use the bus as a base camp. My old bones like sleeping on a real mattress now a days.

did you quit towing the 1-wheel trailer?

T

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
Actually I loaned it to a friend to use on a trip to Pennsylvania. He loved it so much he hasn't brought it back yet.
I'm holding his Dauntless sidecar as colateral. Really haven't needed it since he borrowed it, so I'm good.
Been fighting Cancer for the last 2.5 years.
Mine, then my wifes. We are almost done. Both clear and clean as of now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online