Knockoff ARB (HF Air) air compressor

XJLI

Adventurer
Curious why you didn't just hard mount the Viair compressor... I have a Viair 400c mounted under my truck and it comes in handy all the time. Not as fast as the converted A/C compressor setup on my Jeep but fast enough for my use. It mostly gets used for airing up flat or low tires on other people's vehiches but I have used it to air up the truck tires too. It's been hanging out under the truck for about 7 years with zero problems, plumbed to a quick fitting to the rear bumper and wired to a switch on the dash through a 90psi cutoff switch relay.

I guess if the knock-off compressor dies, you can just hard mount the Viair in its place... Hopefully it doesn't die though...

Not a lot of room under the LR4 for that, and mounting under the truck takes more time. Building a custom mount, running longer wires, air hose, etc. I wasnt the first to figure out mounting in this location along with the LC Prado mount… someone on Reddit did and used a legit ARB single. Not to mention corrosion (northeast, yay!) if I mounted under the truck and I don’t think covering the thing in fluidfilm would be wise, but I could be wrong there.

This was quick, easy, cheap and works. That almost never happens.

1stDeuce

Explorer
Sorry, I didn't mean you had to put it under the truck, I just meant you could have put it where you put the knockoff. But it might not have fit, or you didn't feel like it is fine. Hope it keeps working for you!!

XJLI

Adventurer
Sorry, I didn't mean you had to put it under the truck, I just meant you could have put it where you put the knockoff. But it might not have fit, or you didn't feel like it is fine. Hope it keeps working for you!!
Ah righto.

The ARB single sized one barely fits in there. It’s a tight squeeze.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94