Land Cruiser build on CL

Happycoop

Observer
Hard to tell from the ad, but they don't specify if it's central locked only, or rear, or triple locked (and there are no photos of that side of the dash to see the locking mechanism). That alone can equal a significant sum if you need to add lockers for your use...or add to the resale value down the road if already there. The value is going to range widely, so the real question is, did they build the rig like you would? It's very pricey to build a lower mileage 80 series (just a stock example can run in the mid teens, plus thousands in buildout costs). Personally, it would be a non-starter for me as I need the back seats for the kiddo and dogs...but if you would be fine with a full platform like they built, it might be the rig for you. It's a seemingly fresh build...so what happened that they are selling it before ever using the winch and rarely using the accessories? Also, I always treat Craigslist prices as the buyer's starting point...no reason you can't check out the rig in person and make an offer based on what it's worth to you. I've come in thousands below asking price on many a rig and driven away with title in hand...but I've also left empty-handed more than once when the owner was stuck on a price that didn't make sense to me.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
If it's what you'd have done, then it's probably a fair price. The outfit looks reasonable, some things I probably would do, some I wouldn't. Personally I'd look for a stock truck to start with because I like to do things my way and if it's only done soccer and grocery duty it's probably not beat up. That's not to say it won't be in need of maintenance, but at least it's usually going to be routine stuff like needing a front axle overhaul rather than trying to diagnose random issues from being 'wheeled, like a bent axle or something weird.

@Jsborn I will be in Havasu next weekend and can check it out for you if you like. I'm a 100 series guy, but know enough to look to see if has locker actuators on if it he says it's triple locked.

Jsborn

@Jsborn I will be in Havasu next weekend and can check it out for you if you like. I'm a 100 series guy, but know enough to look to see if has locker actuators on if it he says it's triple locked.

Thanks @hidesertwheelin . I think I’m going to pass on it for the time being—the 100 is more what I’m looking for, and I’m shying away from a RTT setup. Really appreciate the offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior