Land Rover 2.0

hochung

Adventurer
Michael Slade said:
Lights aren't wired? Poseur!!!!

hehe, showing your rookiness. It's all good.

we'll have a good laugh in Moab because of these non functioning lights.

sven

Adventurer
I have the same fusebox, but still hunting for a good place to mount it. Did you wire it directly to the stock fusebox or battery? If battery, how/where did you route the wires through the bulkhead? Truck looks nice!

Michael Slade

Untitled
hochung said:
hehe, showing your rookiness. It's all good.

we'll have a good laugh in Moab because of these non functioning lights.

That's all right...neither of the ARB's in the LWB are plumbed either. :p

sinuhexavier

Explorer
It is is a 12 fuse block from West Marine. I ran two 8 gauge wires directly from the battery to the fuse block. The idea is to keep all electrical aux independent from the Lucas gremlins that may lurk. In the Disco I there is a plug in the firewall/bulkhead directly behind brake fluid reservoir. I pulled the plug and cut a hole in it to run the wires through while still protecting them from abrasion.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
The BlueSea Fuse boxes are great, just keep in mind that they are not waterproof. Sinuhe's installation is a sweet spot!

Also, Sinuhe, if you end up keeping the rollers you might want to consider swapping to the Delrin Rollers which offer a 68% reduction of weight then the stock rollers, high strength, abrasion resistance, and heat resistance, and a smooth surface to protect your synthetic winch line.

The Rover is looking great! Love the pictures, keep 'em coming! :bowdown:

SeaRubi

Explorer
I agree with the EE guys on the roller fairlead. If you want to get fancy, call up Viking offroad (aka winchline.com) and ask about the Derlin synthetic rollers to replace the steel ones.

great looking Disco - good luck with the new rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94