Land Rover LR4 wheel size

Jwestpro

Explorer
Looking at 275/55/18 KO2.

To be clear, I'm not sure that size even exists in many, if any, AT tires. If it did, it would also be a very difficult fitting for the many documented reasons.

Best sizes are the following on 8" best, to 8.5" doable but starting to limit clearances, 9" asking for trouble with no real benefit, 9.5" poser time with purely looking cool while significant reduction in tire size functionality.

Basically the wider you go, the less tall you can go, or vise versa. All notes are assuming a person wants the most possible function off road in articulation situations. Gravel roads and mall crawling can pretty much run whatever doesn't grind the control arms.

265/60
265/65 31.5"
255/70
265/70
275/65 32"
275/70 33"
285/70 34"

As sizes increase, more modifications will be necessary.

We will be bringing in the first sets of 18x8.5 LR4 wheels next month. They are completing production and then we'll have them in the states. The ET is 35 which will clear the brakes as needed so no spacer will be necessary.

We've been running the 17" versions on just about everything you can think of and planning on putting one of the first sets of 18s on our RRS S/C

Let me know if you have any questions!

@Main Line Overland SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, can I get of 17" for my LR3 then? ;)

DarkHelmetDisco

We will be bringing in the first sets of 18x8.5 LR4 wheels next month. They are completing production and then we'll have them in the states. The ET is 35 which will clear the brakes as needed so no spacer will be necessary.

We've been running the 17" versions on just about everything you can think of and planning on putting one of the first sets of 18s on our RRS S/C

Let me know if you have any questions!

Any pics of these mounted on LR4 yet? I am seriously considering these.

TOUGE

Sorry ran out of time to take good photos in the sun. This is the Anthracite colour. I have since removed the white stickers, super easy and remove cleanly. There is not much room between the wheel barrel and the top of the caliper but heaps of room from inside the wheel face and caliper face.

LR4Wheels.jpg

DarkHelmetDisco

Looks great TOUGE! What size tires did you go with. Looks like a perfect fit. You’ve convinced me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOUGE

Ko2 275/65R18. They rub quite a bit on the frame horns, which I will shorten just a touch once work has the workshop sorted out(just moved warehouses). I would recomend 265/65R18 not much smaller but prolly better much easier to live with.

DarkHelmetDisco

Oh wow really? Is it the width or the height of the tire causing the rub? Would a 10” wide tire (255/70) vs 10.8” (275/65) be an option to avoid rubbing? Is it articulation/suspension compression contact or during steering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOUGE

A bit of both, I wouldn't prolly go above 31.5" over all diameter but these wheels are quite wide at 8.5" so you wont want to go to narrow.

If you don't mind cutting stuff people have for 33" tyres.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles