Land Rover Military-issue Quad-Battery Chest

chris snell

Adventurer
What: Land Rover military-issue quad-battery storage chest for Defender trucks
Where: Colorado Springs, CO
Price: $150 USD

I have a military issue quad-battery storage chest that came out of my Tithonus Land Rover 110 FFR (Fitted For Radio) truck. This chest was designed to hold up to four large military-spec batteries safely and securely. It bolts down neatly in the tub of a Land Rover Defender using 4 x M8 Grade 8 fasteners. It would also work well in a trailer built from a Land Rover tub.

If you are an overlander with a need for maximum battery capacity, this would be a great way to securely carry up to four massive 12V batteries run in parallel. I'm pretty sure that you could run an Engel fridge off battery for weeks with this setup. The batteries are stored on two trays within the chest and the chest has a door that is retained by knurled knob thumb screws. There is a plywood platform on top that could hold a fridge, radios, etc.

This box is in very good shape. There is a fair amount of surface rust on the trays but that's to be expected for something that once held non-sealed batteries. The actual tray metal is solid. I would recommend using a wire brush to remove the surface rust and then painting with POR-15, which I believe was used to paint the rest of the chest.

I would prefer local pickup in Colorado Springs, CO. However, if you can arrange for someone to strap this to a pallet (it would strap nicely...) and ship it to you, I'm happy to drop it off locally for you.

Contact via PM if interested.

chris snell

Adventurer
The box is free for whoever wants it. Come and get it before it goes to the dump this weekend. The battery mounts are well-engineered and very strong. It would make a great dual- or quad-battery setup for a trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior