Landcruiser Axle Weight Capacity

Di0n

I’m looking at potentially using complete landcruiser differentials (70 or 80 series depending on which width is suitable) for a project but was wondering if anyone had any idea how much weight they can handle. The base vehicle will be a Toyota Dyna 1.5T truck with a camper body on the back.

Are you looking to convert the Dyna to 4wd? I believe 4wd is a Dyna option. What is the Dyna ‘s bolt pattern? What are GAWRs on the placard on the vehicle now?

Di0n

Yeah I’m looking at buying a 4.1 Diesel dyna truck and converting it to 4wd using landcruiser differentials and transfer case. The Dyna is leaf sprung front and rear so it should be a fairly simple conversion. You can get a factory 4wd but they are fairly rare and therefore very expensive, at least where I am. The Dyna uses a large 6 bolt pattern.

Di0n

Also most of the Dyna trucks I’ve seen that are 4wd have the smaller 2.4 or 2.8 diesel and independent torsion bar front suspension like what is used in the 4wd Hiace

hoser

Explorer
Pulled off the web...

FZJ80
Front 3305 lbs
Rear 3970 lbs
dataplate-jpg.578261

1) LC axles might be too narrow
2) 70 series rear axles often have a 5000 lb (2250 kg) rear GAWR but front might be lower. What is the Dyna’s rear GAWR?
3) find out the Dyna’s ring gear and axle shaft diameters. The LC is 225mm and 33mm respectively. Downsizing is not a very good idea.
4) Consider max rear axle load. Will single tires on LC wheels be sufficient?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior