Last 2500 Suburban

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
LED bulb update.

Well the first set of LED bulbs officially crapped out on me.

TXzrlpX.jpg

I don't have any pictures of them installed in the headlight itself, however the back is too bulky and the vibration and rubbing of the fan assembly of the bulbs seemed to have caused some problems. I always drive with headlights on so the bulbs have had nearly a year of use.

In cold weather LED bulbs do not get hot enough to melt the snow buildup on the outside of headlight housing as well as halogen bulbs. These also have a short shelf life when they are wedged into the metal of the truck by the headlight. And finally road vibration of 65psi tires, 2500 leaf spring suspension and crappy New England roads rattled electrical connections loose inside two of the bulbs.

I replaced all of these bulky fan LED bulbs with lower profile fanless LED bulbs.

MtJurVx.jpg

I think I paid $12 shipped for all 4 bulbs. I have the same ones in my 1500 Sub and have not had any issues with them in the last year. Hopefully these last a little longer than the first set.

Bottom line: once adjusted the bulbs to face right way in the lens and proper height light throw, for the money you can't beat LED bulbs. Light distribution is so much better, road is brighter and when adjusted properly they do not blind oncoming traffic.

D

Deleted member 374434BT

Does your Suburban have the thick aluminum skid plates underneath? Curious if there are any numbers stamped on them. I found a guy selling a front engine/diff plate with caliper covers from an 03 2500 LSSV truck he claimed Is a BP truck. The number pops up on GM parts list for LSSV Silverados. Progressive Metal Manufacturing Co appears to be the manufacturer.

Attachments

• 20200714_161756.jpg
    20200714_161756.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200714_161742.jpg
    20200714_161742.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200714_161807.jpg
    20200714_161807.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:

Overlandtowater

Does your Suburban have the thick aluminum skid plates underneath? Curious if there are any numbers stamped on them. I found a guy selling a front engine/diff plate with caliper covers from an 03 2500 LSSV truck he claimed Is a BP truck. The number pops up on GM parts list for LSSV Silverados. Progressive Metal Manufacturing Co appears to be the manufacturer.
Those look marvelous...…….just curious how much is he asking for them?

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey

4BT.

No I don't have the actual aluminum skid plates, only the DOM tubing modular frame that the aluminum plates would bolt up to. And those skid plates look really clean.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
L69yzdJ.jpg

Suburban got a 40" lift on a back of a tow truck. Went to start it one morning and nothing. Everything electric works but nothing happens when I turn the key. Diagnostic code scanner showed U0100, no communication with ECU. No local shop wanted to touch the electrical so off to the dealer it went.

Two hours later the wiring was repaired and the truck runs again.

NZ275Ns.jpg

Drove around with a coffin a week before Halloween, it was fun!

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Todd n Natalie,

That's so cool that they are considering re-releasing the HD Suburban. I wonder if it will be a 2500 chassis or a 3500 chassis which GM discontinued this year for fleet sales market. Only time will tell.
It would be neat! Hopefully it's along the lines of the 2500 Suburbans that were available for anyone to purchase.

But, like you said. Only time will tell. When they mentioned the truck influence on the Suburban all I could picture was the old Duramax concept:

9104978.jpg

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Suburban takes flight once more!

nl4aqtS.jpg

This thing is the reason why people switch from GM to Ford, lol. So last time it was up on jacks was to put new tires on, this time 3 of 4 TPMS sensors got screwed up and leaking air from 70psi to 5 overnight.

$20 later,4 eBay TPMS sensors arrived, and installed. Gotta give it to GMT900, thank you for making reprogramming the new sensors a quick and painless, tool free endeavor.

I like taking off and re-tightening 6 lugs per wheel way better than 8 lugs per wheel.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
It would be neat! Hopefully it's along the lines of the 2500 Suburbans that were available for anyone to purchase.

But, like you said. Only time will tell. When they mentioned the truck influence on the Suburban all I could picture was the old Duramax concept:

View attachment 622858

Todd n Natalie,

Those rear fenders are so sexy, have the good old Quadrasteer look to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94