Observer
Cruisin out around lake Waikaremoana:

rP1060105a_zpsphq9d7zz.jpg

Cheers
Clint

Jwestpro

Explorer
Still plenty of snow on our trails!

Nice, where is that exactly? I was thinking about poking around a bit this week. Wasn't sure if I'd get to use the chains or not. They only fit my studded tires so it's a tricky time to try using them.

I see you're on the BFG ko2. I've been using the ko for many years and the ko2 since it came out but am considering upsizing and now pondering more aggressive tread for mud and snow like the Goodyear Duratrac in 275/70-18 or just going right to a more 'proper' KM2 in 255/80-17. I have wheels for either and their diameter is almost the same on all 3 but the width of the 255 fits way better in full articulation. With the km2 I'd be adding it to the sets and just use it for certain outings but the Duratrac can clearly just be the standard tire for most conditions, slightly better in mud than the ko2. Thoughts if any of your buddies are using them?

Thx

Last edited:

JDMark

Nice, where is that exactly? I was thinking about poking around a bit this week. Wasn't sure if I'd get to use the chains or not. They only fit my studded tires so it's a tricky time to try using them.

I see you're on the BFG ko2. I've been using the ko for many years and the ko2 since it came out but am considering upsizing and now pondering more aggressive tread for mud and snow like the Goodyear Duratrac in 275/70-18 or just going right to a more 'proper' KM2 in 255/80-17. I have wheels for either and their diameter is almost the same on all 3 but the width of the 255 fits way better in full articulation. With the km2 I'd be adding it to the sets and just use it for certain outings but the Duratrac can clearly just be the standard tire for most conditions, slightly better in mud than the ko2. Thoughts if any of your buddies are using them?

Thx

We were just dinking around near Snoqualmie pass off I-90, nf-5510 and nf-9020 specifically. 5510 goes way back there but no one can access it at the moment besides snowmobiles. Hard packed snow and really bad ruts. Will be good in a month or so!
As far as tires, most of us are on KO2s. I'm in a similar boat in which I'm looking at other more aggressive options, but KO2s are really great all-around. My buddy in the black 4runner has Wrangler MTR Kevlars that seem to take a beating and bests us in the rocks and mud, decently streetable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles