LED Light Bars; Post Up Pics

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!

Love the x man. whats done to it?

As for the deflectors, I am sure he made them. Look awesome and very functional. I will be selling LED bars, lights and HID lights in my new shop, and I will be giving the option of deflectors for light control.

Thing is I can only make them for lights I sell or have in shop as all mounting systems etc are different. I plan on stocking a good selection of LED / HID off road lighting for truckers and off road vehicles here in newfoundland.

akmedic77

Factory HID Projector Headlights
Race Sport LED 9145 LED Fog Lamp Bulbs
20" Rigid SR Spot/Flood Combo
White Dually Driving Beams
Amber Dually Spot Beams (Moved from Grill to Lower Opening)

498 Compressed.jpg

495 Compressed.jpg

IMG_1807 Compressed.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

JamesDowning

Explorer
Did you make those deflectors?

Yes, they were made out of 10 gauge.

From the looks of it, a lot of the roof-mounted lights that I see here are probably in the same situation I was in, with really bad window and dash glare - but you'll be hard pressed to ever find anyone that admits that something about their setup isn't the best. For me, adding the deflectors was a 100% improvement.

ExploringNH

Explorer
Yes, they were made out of 10 gauge.

From the looks of it, a lot of the roof-mounted lights that I see here are probably in the same situation I was in, with really bad window and dash glare - but you'll be hard pressed to ever find anyone that admits that something about their setup isn't the best. For me, adding the deflectors was a 100% improvement.

I had no problems on my Defender with a 50" roof mounted light bar. My Excursion has terrible glare from the hood with a 50" bar on the roof. It is so bad that the roof light is all but unusable at night. I haven't had the time to fab up a deflector but I will over winter.

DSC_0007.jpg

FallFoliage025.jpg

D45

Explorer
The 30" Cree 3D LED bar arrived today........2 1/2 day shipping from TWF!!!

It is built well I was expecting it to be lightweight.......but this bar is stout and solid

IMG_20141107_173252_977_zpslwtdzkxt.jpg

IMG_20141107_173300_610_zpsoxi17m6k.jpg

Brackets are very thick and solid

IMG_20141107_173321_700_zps3wcwgybf.jpg

IMG_20141107_173328_148_zpspcyewrzs.jpg

I think I am going with a wireless remote wiring kit......something different

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281351133472?item=281351133472&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Seems like a well built product for the price

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZn4qW6fRP8

Anyone see concerns with this?

JamesDowning

Explorer
I wouldnt use a wireless switch. That has reliability problems written all over it. Anytime you're unnecessarily complicating an otherwise simple component, think again.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
You are right that over complication is not the answer. In my case lighting on a hitch mounted winch requires the simplicity of wireless switching :)

As it sits today:

bumper3.jpg

Blast from the past:

wlight4.jpg

Originally installed over a decade ago :)
It can work well.

ssapach

Adventurer
I got a 20" VisionX on my '88 4Runner:

IMG_1604_zps0c8c52d9.jpg

This is the stock high beams:

20130901_232023_zps32ce381c.jpg

The stock headlights are completely drowned out by the LED's, they are absolutely wonderful for driving!

20130901_232042_zps859e4fe5.jpg

Sorry, cell phone pics....not the best quality.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I was thinking the same thing. Considering the camera is not as sensitive as the eye, so theres more light at the sides than we see in the photos. That's probably the best performing light bar I have ever seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior