Lets see interior mods.

Luke111

Observer
Scan Gauge mount... Didn't like factory suction cup mount ... so off to Home Depot and found something I could adapt into a suitable mount. Cutting the original factory mount and using JB weld to secure it.. A little black paint and it's done

Lou

etabagyt.jpg
u9uhezyz.jpg
a8upu3ub.jpg
pase4a7a.jpg
typunu8y.jpg
ynere8u5.jpg
rygusevy.jpg
uqy5eqer.jpg
pany7abe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
Nice work. You just have me an idea for my tablet. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Luke111

Observer
Nice work. You just have me an idea for my tablet. Thanks

I used a heat gun to heat up the plastic pipe to bend it ... If you're thinking of mounting a tablet and attaching it to the A-Pillar... You might want to reinforce the pillar cover with some fiberglass it's pretty flimsy...just to handle the weight or use two attach points...

Lou

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
No, I was thinking making a pod for the tablet kinda the way you did your door speakers, except for my dash.

crazy

Adventurer
This is going to be a good thread. I just ripped the interior out of my excursion to change things up a bit. It will be slow going but I will post up some pics.

Luke111

Observer
Custom Switch Plate and Relay Box

I bought 7 LED's including a 42' Light bar that I planned to mount on my Rhino Rack and needed a switch plate. I found a company, Concours Specialties in Ohio and spoke to the owner Greg about my needs..... I wanted a complete plug and play system... The plan was to mount a relay box in the back of the Cruiser and run power wires from my second battery... The relay box was setup to run 7 LEDS, 2 12v plugs..one in front and one in the rear for a fridge..and a USB in the front..All the accessory plugs are consent hot..
The relay box also had 12 ft of wires that ran to the switch plate.... all I had to do was plug in the connector and another set of wires that ran through the the roof via a cable gland and a waterproof connector for the roof lights.
I sent Greg my front center console and he sent me this.

Attachments

• P1010818 (3) (2).jpg
    P1010818 (3) (2).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 189
  • image-1930385947.jpg
    image-1930385947.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 179
  • image-4167781184.jpg
    image-4167781184.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 173
  • image-3969223686.jpg
    image-3969223686.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 170
  • image-2682748556.jpg
    image-2682748556.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 173
  • image-2078689795.jpg
    image-2078689795.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 166
  • image-488917887.jpg
    image-488917887.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 172
  • image-2087120586.jpg
    image-2087120586.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 172

stockwell45

Why am I not outside?
My favorite 3rd gen 4Runner mod...field monitor unit from a Hilux Surf from Japan or New Zealand. We were never offered this option in the states, so just find this from a wrecked Surf (4Runner) overseas and you'll get a compass, altimeter, barometer, outside temp and trip altimeter. Perfect fit and minimal work, best interior mod I have done by far and works great after 2 years.

Before.

After

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
I bought 7 LED's including a 42' Light bar that I planned to mount on my Rhino Rack and needed a switch plate. I found a company, Concours Specialties in Ohio and spoke to the owner Greg about my needs..... I wanted a complete plug and play system... The plan was to mount a relay box in the back of the Cruiser and run power wires from my second battery... The relay box was setup to run 7 LEDS, 2 12v plugs..one in front and one in the rear for a fridge..and a USB in the front..All the accessory plugs are consent hot..
The relay box also had 12 ft of wires that ran to the switch plate.... all I had to do was plug in the connector and another set of wires that ran through the the roof via a cable gland and a waterproof connector for the roof lights.
I sent Greg my front center console and he sent me this.

Where did you get that black plate in front of the shifter?

Dazrin

Adventurer
My favorite 3rd gen 4Runner mod...field monitor unit from a Hilux Surf from Japan or New Zealand. We were never offered this option in the states, so just find this from a wrecked Surf (4Runner) overseas and you'll get a compass, altimeter, barometer, outside temp and trip altimeter. Perfect fit and minimal work, best interior mod I have done by far and works great after 2 years.

Hmmm. That looks very nice. I wonder if it will fit into an 80? It still has sunroof controls and light, so it may be a fairly easy swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior