Lets see interior mods.

Wainiha

Explorer
This thread got the wheels turning. I am thinking about a center console. Storage/armrest/Aux. power..........For my 2000 Tacoma. The stock one is failing. Meaning I broke it.

A modified Tuffy or the like would be nice. I home built, would be much cooler and possibly more functional. Any suggestions on center console? What to include/not include.

How to upolster it.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Hmmm. That looks very nice. I wonder if it will fit into an 80? It still has sunroof controls and light, so it may be a fairly easy swap.
80's in other countries had something similar as a factory option. The hiLux gage s cooler but it may retro into the 80 series pod that will play well with the Dome and sunroof switches.
do and image search of "land cruiser Altimeter" and you will find pictures.

eugene

Explorer
The relay box, switch plate, USB, 2 12V plugs and wiring was just under $500

That fuse/relay box is a standard Bussman part, I have one, it was about $30 plus the metripack pins and empty cavity plugs. Maybe $50 total if you wire it up yourself.

My most recent interior mod was upgrading the CB and mounting in the radio slot

The fuse/relay block is the power for the radio and CB as well as other accessory power ports.

And my installer

Last edited:

Luke111

Observer
That fuse/relay box is a standard Bussman part, I have one, it was about $30 plus the metripack pins and empty cavity plugs. Maybe $50 total if you wire it up yourself.

My most recent interior mod was upgrading the CB and mounting in the radio slot

The fuse/relay block is the power for the radio and CB as well as other accessory power ports.

And my installer

Good that you have the skills to build a relay and save the funds ... but I don't have those skills and so to have that standard Bussmann Rely box... the custom switch plate and all the wiring in braided sheathing with connectors for a complete plug and play system ....I feel the exchange rate of $475.00 was pretty good...

Lou

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Luke111

Observer
no skills required, you crimp a connector on the wire and plug it in the back of the block.

You're missing my point... maybe you missed the pictures... I've crimped a few wires in my times and could probably handle the Bussmann but this was above my pay grade.

Lou

Attachments

• 64134_10151461572640186_519268466_n.jpg
    64134_10151461572640186_519268466_n.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 119
  • image-488917887.jpg
    image-488917887.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

MTaco

Adventurer
The ScanGuage is such a useful tool and I knew I wanted a permanent place for it in my Tacoma so I cut a hole in my dash and mounted it. I also didn't want to see any wires. It been in there about a year and works great.

IMAG0134_zpse488a074.jpg

uscg2008

Explorer
Dude I need a write up on that please!!! I have mine above my rear view mirror but I'm about to put my back up camera monitor up there and I think it might be a little cramped up there.

Mine looks like this
51f521c807c1cb41aa7efae9231d2502_zps38251cdd.jpg

Lazy Hiker

I replaced the rear bench seat in my JKU with front bucket seats sourced locally from CraigsList. This allows the kids more comfort and the ability to recline during trips.

Added two 12v "lighter-style" plugs and a dual USB outlet for rear seat electronics.

Made a box and mount to hold auxiliary switches...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz