Lets see some full size pictures...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I think that is just a good old short box... Is the bottom pic on the Lilloett river? Harrison area?

Cody1771

Explorer
you named it, just spent 4 days up in the area useing my buddies cabin on the nitinat river as a base camp for exploring, put alot of miles on the trucks and bikes :) i can link a trip report if you wish, your on the island?

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
We are in Southeast Kelowna for now, but probably back to either the Sea to Sky or south island come October. Can't stay away from the ocean too long...
Wifey goes a little loopy!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Sweet pics Cody! I used to live right across the road from Wilkinson Rd Prison on Gerda Rd. I will have to go see those caves. Are you in Saanichton long-term? We will be looking for an acreage to live on in our 30' Airstream, if you know of anything... Perhaps on Old West Saanich Rd? Love it there!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
While I am at it, I might as well post a total crap cell phone pic of my new rig. It is bone stock here, but the transformation has already begun... Pics to follow...

Attachments

• IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    281.7 KB · Views: 79

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
wow... all i can say is i LOVE it. did you shorten the wheelbase? updated pics of my truck, which fender flares are those btw?

Thanks! You have a nicely built up square body as well.

No sir. It was born a short bed ½ ton. I swapped in a ¾ ton full-floating rear axle from a different truck then swapped the front brake rotors and backing plates in order to change from 6 lugs to 8. That was the first mod I did to the truck back in 1996 when I got it. The flares are from WARN. I would have preferred Xenon flares but they were on back order when I ordered them.

Cody1771

Explorer
thanks, i really like how youve set up your bed, maybe when i find a canopy that fits i might steal some of your ideas :p

biglos454

Adventurer
Update on my rig….

A buddy and I are getting ready for a trip to Canyonlands next month so bought an extra set of tires and wheels to run these for long distance trips. I love the Swampers for mountain excursions but they are major over kill for the desert runs. The black wheels and steam roller tires gave the truck an entirely different look. Rides and steers better now too. :sombrero:

4578907101_ff41d56b25_b.jpg

wow Larry! Ive loved your truck since the first time i saw it, but i have to say that black wheel and tire set up make it look gorgeous! simply perfect. once i get my blazer put back together your truck will be its inspiration lol. great job on the truck man. a Bow Tie to be proud of

Northman

Adventurer
Hey there , i'm the new Guy here . My Name is Peter and i come from Germany . This is my Baby , a `89 Burban with 6" Lift and some Goodies . Sorry for my bad english !

4357817.jpg

4357819.jpg

4357820.jpg

4357821.jpg

4357822.jpg

4357823.jpg

4357824.jpg

4357825.jpg

4357826.jpg

4357828.jpg

Northman

Adventurer
Thanks ! Yes , it's a good Idea , but it's not my Idea . The Table on the Backdoor is very practical . Now i have a Light for that Thing so i can cook at Night ... :chef:

4369456.jpg

4369458.jpg

4369460.jpg

4369462.jpg

4369463.jpg

4369464.jpg

This is the left Door :

4369473.jpg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Killer 'Burg.

You must turn heads in Germany with that truck! Excellent use of the backdoors. There's a place here in San Diego that buys up forestry vehicles at auctions. They used to have a bundle of low mileage "square" Suburbans in green ,of course for sale. Most had manual trannies also. Now all they have are the IFS ones with autos. If you don't already have the steering gear frame brace,look into one. That's a weak link where the gear bolts onto the frame. Square is better. Boy,Germany's green!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior