Lets see some full size pictures...

Mccaf

Adventurist
Thanks for the kind words guys. Next on my list is to rig up a solar system to the NL power pack, but I need to do a lot of research because I don't know crap about solar.

I just got back from a maiden weekend with my new solar set up, I’m so happy it all worked! My battery came back in better shape then ever. Cost me less than $500 for a Renogy suitcase and controller with Bluetooth and I made a 50’ extension to reach the sunny spots. It insures a $300 battery will last for years. I owe it all to research on Expo forums. ?

709B1656-21E2-4F7D-AF40-2354418F8E59.jpeg

Rakkasan3187

Thats awesome!!! Are you running the National luna PP? Im trying to figure out what I will need and how to hook it ll up.

I just got back from a maiden weekend with my new solar set up, I’m so happy it all worked! My battery came back in better shape then ever. Cost me less than $500 for a Renogy suitcase and controller with Bluetooth and I made a 50’ extension to reach the sunny spots. It insures a $300 battery will last for years. I owe it all to research on Expo forums. ?

View attachment 449820

SHoll

I like the setup. I am trying to figure out a solar setup for my truck. I've done some research on the forums and YouTube and I think for what I'm looking to do (charge phone, laptop, and camera batteries at camp) I may go with a Goal Zero Yeti 400 and hookup up a Renogy 100 or 150w panel to it. Im not running a fridge, powertools, or anything crazy and not looking to break the bank either. I need something simple as I know next to nothing about electrical or solar.

View attachment 449820

Mccaf

Adventurist
Thats awesome!!! Are you running the National luna PP? Im trying to figure out what I will need and how to hook it ll up.
No, just the ARB 63 as pictured, and not as efficient- powerwise -as the NL.

I like the setup. I am trying to figure out a solar setup for my truck. I've done some research on the forums and YouTube and I think for what I'm looking to do (charge phone, laptop, and camera batteries at camp) I may go with a Goal Zero Yeti 400 and hookup up a Renogy 100 or 150w panel to it. Im not running a fridge, powertools, or anything crazy and not looking to break the bank either. I need something simple as I know next to nothing about electrical or solar.

So if you run a Renogy (standard MC4 solar connectors) to a Yetti be prepared to make a special connection or splice it into the Yetti cable, (I own a150 and thought about that) if you go all Goal Zero; the cost of the Yetti400 and a boulder100 suitcase panel your into about $800. You could use your vehicle battery with a solar panel/controller with an USB HUB?

Last edited:

SHoll

Yea I saw the pricing, but it's about what I expected. And the Renogy panels from what I have seen have better reviews and are cheaper than the Goal Zero ones. Goal Zero sells the connection adapter to make the Renogy panels work with the Yeti too. I'm trying to avoid running anything more off the vehicle battery than factory preferably, but we'll see. I appreciate the response.

No, just the ARB 63 as pictured, and not as efficient- powerwise -as the NL.

So if you run a Renogy (standard MC4 solar connectors) to a Yetti be prepared to make a special connection or splice it into the Yetti cable, (I own a150 and thought about that) if you go all Goal Zero; the cost of the Yetti400 and a boulder100 suitcase panel your into about $800. You could use your vehicle battery with a solar panel/controller with an USB HUB?

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
IMG_5521-X3.jpg

IMG_5583-X3.jpg

SHoll

Update:

Just had a 4" suspension lift, 305/65/r17 Ko2s, and 17x9 Pro Comp wheels put on by the guys at Appalachian Offroad in Westminster, MD. Extremely pleased with the service and how the truck drives and looks. Should be a perfect setup for what I'm looking to do with it.

Snapchat-1494847785.jpgSnapchat-2007033438.jpg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Here's my current '07.
Last shot is my '98.5 with the 2000 Northstar was new.
18 yrs on the camper.
Anza Borrego,Tioga Pass,Utah and Baja.

Attachments

• Anza Borrego 018.jpg
    Anza Borrego 018.jpg
    733.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Computer nerd. 089.jpg
    Computer nerd. 089.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0388.JPG
    IMG_0388.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 168