Lets see some full size pictures...

TheAnatomist

Hello all, just joined and may pick your brains about my build. I have an 09 Silverado with a knapheide utility topper that I’ve gutted and built. I have been living out of it for a year and a half now, while I finished my masters and traveled with instead of paying the absurd recent increases in rent in my area.

Here is where it stands now

024F3DD0-4090-4719-8AB6-E29F8F6EC4D2.jpeg
F292868B-B329-4143-BC09-954AF2DBA050.jpeg

Thanks for letting me join.

Attachments

• 3DA7A988-2B29-4255-A815-F8B29DE988BD.jpeg
    3DA7A988-2B29-4255-A815-F8B29DE988BD.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Quattro

(y)

52457401418_92048d72e7_h.jpg
Awesome rig! What size tire are you running? 6.2L with 4.30s?

nickw

Adventurer
Hello all, just joined and may pick your brains about my build. I have an 09 Silverado with a knapheide utility topper that I’ve gutted and built. I have been living out of it for a year and a half now, while I finished my masters and traveled with instead of paying the absurd recent increases in rent in my area.

View attachment 750347
View attachment 750348

Love it - no nonsense, simple.

Business on the outside party on the inside....

RamFam1718

I've been a long time lurker (3-4yrs) and finally got around to creating an account. My wife and I transitioned from Land Rovers to Rams a couple years ago and are pretty happy about it.

There are a lot of great full size builds on here and I know I will end of taking some of your ideas in the future.

Here is my power wagon:
IMG_20220716_113532.jpg
IMG_20220318_122954.jpg
20220930_174455.jpg

View attachment 750347
View attachment 750348

I didn’t know Knapheide made those type of units…nice work! Is it steel or aluminum?

RamFam1718

Welcome!

WTH was RAM thinking with that PRNDL indicator location?!

Thank you! Like you, I'm not a huge fan of its location and the fact that it is a rotary shifter. But, I'm used to it by now. The LR4 and my wife's 1500 had/have a rotary shifter as well.

If you're talking about just the indicator, it is duplicated on the speedo cluster

ripperj

Explorer
I agree, I owned a 19 power wagon for awhile and just couldn’t get used to that. I’ll be honest that, the lack of rear seat room and the MDS system caused me to trade it in.

MDS goes away with a push of the tow/haul button.
I agree that the rotary shifter sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Explorerinil

Observer
MDS goes away with a push of the tow/haul button.
I agree that the rotary shifter sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes it does, but that gets annoying pushing that button each time. Plus the fuel economy of the 6.4 was much worse than the 7.3.

TheAnatomist

I didn’t know Knapheide made those type of units…nice work! Is it steel or aluminum?

Ya, I haven’t seen many knapheides with windows in the horizontal doors, at least not around here. It is steel and it’s definitely a few hundred lbs. It makes me feel a little more safe being steel and not an aluminum or fiberglass top. I ended up putting 3” blocks on the rear with shock extenders to level it back out. (I also have a 2” level in the front)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles